Is Caribbean Princess going to be late into Houston this morning?

StLouisCruisers

We met in the Fusion Lounge at 10:20. At about 10:45 we were told to go ashore (all 400 of us!) where we went through customs. We were then ushered to seats in the main building to await reboarding. They let us reboard shortly after 11:30 and we were onboard by 11:45. They simply "scanned" us in like they do after a port call when returning to the ship. We went to our cabin and the cabin attendant had already cleaned the room and made it ready for us. It was quite easy and took at most 1 hour total. We had to submit a customs form for the week to the immigration officer without any problem. The normal boarding progression occurred a little after we reboarded.

Does anyone know if the generator was finally fixed?

We are on the CB right now and they are claiming it has not been fixed. However we are running at 20 knots which is near top speed so I am not sure how much losing the one of six generators has caused us to miss PC this cruise. If they have the traditional navigation talk later this week with a bridge officer, I am sure the generator problem is going to come up. Stay tuned for more information.

We are on the CB right now and they are claiming it has not been fixed. However we are running at 20 knots which is near top speed so I am not sure how much losing the one of six generators has caused us to miss PC this cruise. If they have the traditional navigation talk later this week with a bridge officer, I am sure the generator problem is going to come up. Stay tuned for more information.

I am curious. Going to PC is at leastan extra 140 miles and even if you are running at 20 knots that's still 2.5 miles an hour slower than 22 knots....) that's at least an hour, If there are rough seas (not uncommon) it could be a lot more...............

Thanks for the update.

We were supposed to stop in Key West at 1:00 today. At 12:30 the captain announced that due to the weather we would not be stopping in KW. We are now on our way to Freeport. We have an additional sea day! It is very windy today and I imagine that was the weather problem.

Yep, not looking good for docking operations.

West end of the 7 mile bridge to Key West out 20 nm Severe Watches & Warnings

... A Small Craft Advisory remains in effect...

* winds... sustained east to southeast surface winds of 20 to 25 knots

will prevail this afternoon.

* Waves/seas... seas as high as 11 feet expected in the Gulf Stream.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

A Small Craft Advisory means that wind speeds of 21 to 33 knots are

expected to produce hazardous wave conditions to small craft.

Inexperienced mariners... especially those operating smaller vessels

should avoid navigating in these conditions.

Edited by dforeigner

We arrived on time in Freeport and left on time. We are now headed to Nassau. We received a letter from the captain last night saying that he is looking into some type of compensation for missing KW and not going to PC. We will see what comes of it. We were all given back $10.61 port charges for KW. Happy hour time.

We arrived and departed Nassau on time. We left 2 pax in Nassau and were later told by a crew member that a female who was traveling with the 2 pax was down at the entry point begging them not to leave and crying. We took a ship sponsored excursion and returned to the ship 30 minutes later than planned but still had 1 hour before we were to sail. That seems to be a pattern that their excursions all return late but of course the ship waits for their late excursions.

We received a letter last night from the Captain. Princess is giving us a $50 OBC each which is refundable and a FCC equal to 15% of the cruise fare we paid. It has to be booked by 3/31/2017. This was because they had to change our itinerary missing KW and substituting Nassau for PC two days before this cruise sailed. The Captain really went to bat for us.

Thank you Princess and once again you remind us why we like the love boat.

We're they able to fix the generator?

Not that I am aware. I went to the navigation talk given by a senior bridge officer on Friday and at that time it had not been fixed. The subject came up and he indicated it was a complex repair. We are headed to Houston running 19 knots with expected arrival on Sunday morning per usual.

Not that I am aware. I went to the navigation talk given by a senior bridge officer on Friday and at that time it had not been fixed. The subject came up and he indicated it was a complex repair. We are headed to Houston running 19 knots with expected arrival on Sunday morning per usual.

Hi, Can you tell me how rough was the water during the cruise? Any particular bad spots?

Hi, Can you tell me how rough was the water during the cruise? Any particular bad spots?

We were on the ship last week to Coz, Belize and Mahogany Bay. The cruise was really calm almost all the time. The most we saw was 4 foot waves or less - mostly less.

This week we went to KW (did not make it on land), Freeport and Nassau (substituted for PC). We have had rough spots and calm spots. Last night we sailed through a thunderhead and the sea was fairly rough with some having problems. We were in the Gulf south of MS/LA. The Gulf can lay down almost like a piece of glass or it can have huge waves and rock the ship.

At 10 PM CST we were 84 NM from Houston and doing 18 knots. We had already moved our clocks forward one hour since we were headed for KW and the Bahamas, so we will not have to change the clocks early tomorrow morning for CDT (CDT and EST are the same).

Daylight savings (??) time tomorrow morning at 2:00 AM for everyone in the Central time zone.

Thanks. Wonder if they will delay departure this evening and fix it here in Houston.

From my understanding they are waiting till dry dock to fix it, next month. (Just got off the ship this morning.)

Edited by 232271

I hope they fix the generator problem before the TA. We depart on April 17 and hopefully it will be fixed by then. I don't know how much redundancy is built into a cruise ship but I would hope all would be operational before a TA.

I hope they fix the generator problem before the TA. We depart on April 17 and hopefully it will be fixed by then. I don't know how much redundancy is built into a cruise ship but I would hope all would be operational before a TA.

As we are on the same TA we are also hoping all will be operational before we board.