Galley tour availability

Just wondering if I read correctly.

I thought RCI offered free some basic tours as you climbed the C & A tiers. on different ships.

Does this ring a bell to anyone???

Thanks

Diamond and better already get a complimentary tour of the theater. Diamond Plus and Pinnacle already get complimentary tours of the galley and bridge.

The OP was referring to a combo galley tour and lunch which is not currently a C&A benefit

Edited by clarea

they offered it on Jewel during the Nov 8th sailing. I think they were just trying to drum up business for the specialty restaurants. They said that the reservations were down.

It was a very interesting tour. Wish it had included the baking area. Maybe next time.

I would like that tour of galley then lunch. Hoping they offer this for my sailing on Navigator. I am diamond and in suite maybe that will help??

If you are in a Grand Suite or better, speak to the Concierge.

We were on the Brilliance of the Seas (Boston to Tampa repositioning) and we did do the Galley Brunch. It was not advertised but the Head Waiter came around on night and told us about it. The cost was $30 per person. We got a galley tour and brunch, complete with champagne. It was all could eat and you were encouraged to go back as many times as you wished. We enjoyed the tour and the food was excellent. Would recommend it and would do it again.

We had the same experience - the MDR head waiter came around and offered us this $30@ galley/brunch tour. He said they would serve selected dishes from the specialty restaurants. It was a very nice event. The galley tour was very informative, we had AYC drink champagne and/or mimosas, plus a buffet of food server inside the galley. FOr a back-stage tour, I though it was a good value.

Liberty offers a galley tour along with the brunch at Portofino's. While they booked me for brunch directly, it seems they were only offering it to guests that had dined in the evening as well during the sailing.

It seems they are taking events like this more fleet-wide recently.

This was the best galley tour I have had and certainly much better than what we were offered on Oasis, where I had paid for the 'All access tour'. That tour did offer the provisions and storage facilities though.

Edited by MADflyer

I'm wondering if this is a new program RCCL is offering? On our recent Allure cruise, I recall one evening one of the Head Waiters coming by the table stating the chef would like to invite us to a tour of the Galley the next day, etc., etc. At first we were - hey, how wonderful, then he mentioned there would be a charge. A friend of ours on the same cruise had the same invitation (from a different waiter) and did the tour - indicated there were several participants.

It must be a new "offering" / cruise enhancement RCCL is offering in addition to the "Behind the Scenes" tour (which is $150, and includes a tour of the Bridge).

I'm wondering if this is a new program RCCL is offering? On our recent Allure cruise, I recall one evening one of the Head Waiters coming by the table stating the chef would like to invite us to a tour of the Galley the next day, etc., etc. At first we were - hey, how wonderful, then he mentioned there would be a charge. A friend of ours on the same cruise had the same invitation (from a different waiter) and did the tour - indicated there were several participants.

It must be a new "offering" / cruise enhancement RCCL is offering in addition to the "Behind the Scenes" tour (which is $150, and includes a tour of the Bridge).

I agree, it seems to be one of several new revenue opportunities Royal has added. I see deals for offered for specialty restaurants all the time. On Vision, a waiter would walk through the Solarium periodically during the day offering some deal on specialty restaurants.

On my November cruise on Enchantment there was a tent card on each table in the mdr beginning on the first night advertising a VIP Galley Tour and Brunch. It was $20 and held on the sea day. Our dining room server signed us up. It was very nice and the food was very tasty. Mimosas were served during the Q&A session and again after the tour during brunch. Food stations were set up in the galley and you were encouraged to make as many passes through as you wanted. We enjoyed ourselves and would definitely consider doing it again.

While on Radiance this year a Galley tour was offered for $25 which included lunch at a specialty restaurant.

The tour was not advertised and I heard about it from a table mate at dinner.

Is this tour offered on all shops? I'll be sailing on Adventure.

We did the galley tour on the Liberty in June and really enjoyed it. It included a wonderful champagne brunch at Portofino. They also gave us discount coupons to return certain nights for dinner at Portofino. We found out about it in one of those little flyers they put in the Compass, but you can just call the specialty restaurant and ask if they're offering it. You call them directly to book it as well.

Edited by KelJ