late night buffet on Divina

smitty1952

Just off the Divina. The food was very mediocre.

They advertise a buffet that's open 20 hours a day, but the only things they have after dinner are pizza (very good) and a sandwich station, which has rolls and tuna salad/egg salad/chicken salad. The salads are all made with shredded cabbage filler (very weird, especially in the egg salad). They also had whatever leftover desserts they could find. Never saw an ice sculpture or anything mildly decorative on the buffets. Disappointing.

Thanks for your reply.It was very good when I was on the MSC Posia in 2010. With all the cut backs i guess all are changing,maybe for the not so good,guess I might as well go back to carnival after this cruise.

So you are going back to carnival because MSC does not have a Mexican buffet at midnight but neither does carnival and MSC beats carnival in every way. Good luck with Carnival !!!

I was on the Poesia in 2010 and they had a late night buffet with ice carvings ,I think it was a Mexican buffet. I was wanting to know if they still have one or cut backs stopped it. I will be on the Divina in June

no cruise line dose midnight buffet any more.

• 4 months later...
So you are going back to carnival because MSC does not have a Mexican buffet at midnight but neither does carnival and MSC beats carnival in every way. Good luck with Carnival !!!

I was on a 3 day carnival in December and 9 day NCL in December and both had midnight Mexican buffets - not to mention the 2 day cruise I went on Bahamas Celebration also had one

I don't understand the fixation on midnight buffet when guests already have access to unlimited food throughout the day. Besides the danger of obesity, I can think of no good reason to host a midnight buffet only to see so much good food going to waste at 1AM.

I don't understand the fixation on midnight buffet when guests already have access to unlimited food throughout the day. Besides the danger of obesity, I can think of no good reason to host a midnight buffet only to see so much good food going to waste at 1AM.

haha :D

Edited by chong67

Because tacos at midnight are awesome

And their ain't no waste they just put it away and pull it out the next day

I think people are confusing late night food at the buffet with a "midnight buffet" which was decorative cakes, fruits, ice carvings, canapes, usually some seafood and cheese platters; typically served in the MDR at midnight with a viewing period beforehand because the scale was grand and the carvings quite ornate; chefs really showed off.

Except for some select Carnival itineraries (Journeys) there hasn't been a "midnight buffet" on most cruises in years.

On the Divina there is food at the buffet 20 hours a day; at 11 PM they put out a bit more. Last week we saw 2 or 3 types of sandwiches, 3 types of cookies, 4 types of pizza, one buffet bar is open. Also there was usually a fruit cobbler and or bread pudding. In addition a selection of desserts; 3 or 4 varieties. Generally the same each night with some minor variations. I don't know what was "left over" because we watched them make the food fresh.

No, it is not Mexican themed like Carnival usually has 1X per cruise, but it IS available every night. Carnivals mexican buffet has some nice selections. But otherwise you have a late night grill and pizza station (fairly decent at that).

Compare to, say, RCI, which has no food after 9PM anywhere except for the worst pizza at sea (if a ship has Sorrentos or Cafe Promenade), or finger foods at Cafe Promenade (not on Empress, Majesty, Radiance-Class, or Vision-class ships). and the buffet is never open late. I was on Legend of the Seas two years ago and in park cafe they had boiled hot dogs from 11PM to Midnight. Select nights. fancy fancy.

Princess buffet is open later than RCI but not "late night". At least their international cafe has good quality food 24 hours a day.

Not everyone is obese that likes to indulge in late night food on vacation. And sometimes when you have a 5:30PM dinner time you may get hungry later on for a snack...

I would like to see a true midnight buffet in the MDR served one time per cruise, all cruise lines, no matter how long the itinerary.

Very good point , i guess some people never get enough food.

I'm far far far from obese however I love the midnight buffet. A few drinks in the evening and my diet is the furthest thing from my mind!!! I have been working out 6 days a week with a strict diet and I plan to totally gorge as this is a HOLIDAY!!!!!

Funtimes :D:D:D:D:D

I think I asked about the wrong buffet. I was talking about the watermelon and fruit carvings,along with the ice carvings.It was great to see all the talent the chefs had.You got to walk around and view all and had some special drinks,You didn't have to eat anything,it was a site to see.

I think I asked about the wrong buffet. I was talking about the watermelon and fruit carvings,along with the ice carvings.It was great to see all the talent the chefs had.You got to walk around and view all and had some special drinks,You didn't have to eat anything,it was a site to see.

What you described above is positively not on the late night buffet on divina.