Freedom of the Seas - new rumors

Calvin

Are you gonna watch the new Poseidon Adventure on NBC?

I watch all ship-related films-I just have a sopt for them, ya know-I am mostly a horror film person, so Ghost Ship is a favorite, but I watch all boat movies, even that awful one with Cuba Gooding Jr. about the gay cruise-he should be ashamed of himself!!! But yes, already have TEVO set for the new Poseidon flick-seen a few clips, looks entertaining!!! I mostly watch them to look at the ships!!!

He probably means the general brochure. It's has just a little info on freedom. There's another brochure coming out, just on Freedom, that will have the plans in them.

I agree with you. When I spoke to my friend at RCCL, he said that the Brochures will be specific to Freedom with all deck plans and info. The one the previous posted is speaking of must be the general with no deck plans. The Freedom Specific Brochures are suppose to be out 1st week in November.

I watch all ship-related films-I just have a sopt for them, ya know-I am mostly a horror film person, so Ghost Ship is a favorite, but I watch all boat movies, even that awful one with Cuba Gooding Jr. about the gay cruise-he should be ashamed of himself!!! But yes, already have TEVO set for the new Poseidon flick-seen a few clips, looks entertaining!!! I mostly watch them to look at the ships!!!

And as a Gay Man, I can tell you that the Boat Trip movie with Cuba was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. It was painfull to watch. Since you live in Los Angeles, have you been on any cruises out of LA? I live here in Los Angeles too and I have done Monarch, Ecstasy and Pride. Don't tell anyone, but out of the 3, I think The Pride was my fav. Shhh. But Carnival is not my Fav in general. I would like do the 7 day RCCL to the Mexican Riv to. Maybe before my freedom trip to get more C&A points. We will have to see.

And as a Gay Man, I can tell you that the Boat Trip movie with Cuba was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. It was painfull to watch. Since you live in Los Angeles, have you been on any cruises out of LA? I live here in Los Angeles too and I have done Monarch, Ecstasy and Pride. Don't tell anyone, but out of the 3, I think The Pride was my fav. Shhh. But Carnival is not my Fav in general. I would like do the 7 day RCCL to the Mexican Riv to. Maybe before my freedom trip to get more C&A points. We will have to see.

I have done Monarch twice, Ecstasy once (yuck!!) and back in the day, Carnival Holiday (double yuck!!). May do Monarch again in March for a surprise birthday gift for my DH-not sure yet. Want to do Vision, but if I am going to take a week off, I may as well fly and do a better cruise to the caribbean out of Florida, ya know!! To me, a cruise out of LA is like a quick trip to Vegas, a weekend thing, not really a whole week needed.

On the subject of that Cuba Gooding movie-how bad was that!!! I heard Chris Rock say something really funny-he said that whenever he sees a really bad movie with a big star in it, he figures that the star needs cash, so when he saw that Cuba boat movie, he sent Cuba Gooding $80.00. That comment had me laughing for hours, because it was so true- using that theroy, I guess Roger Moore needed some cash too!!

What part of LA do you live in, if you don't mind me asking??

Re brochure: Yes, it was definitely the general brochure to which I was referring. I'm glad to hear that the Freedom only brochure will be available shortly.

Re "Boat Trip": LOL, I think that I'm one of the 8 people that actually enjoyed the movie, and one of the 3 people that bought the dvd!

Of course, I couldn't stop looking at Roselyn Sanchez and Vivica A. Fox and I thought it was pretty funny to see 'James Bond' (over)acting.

I am perceptive enough to realize that, whatever little credibility I had, is now gone. :(

And as a Gay Man, I can tell you that the Boat Trip movie with Cuba was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. It was painfull to watch.

I thought that Boat Trip fell into the category of "so bad, it's good" but I have obscenely low standards in terms of entertainment. I'm a gay man too but I don't expect a movie to be a documentary of my life any more than Sex in the City is representative of the lives of straight women.

I have done Monarch twice, Ecstasy once (yuck!!) and back in the day, Carnival Holiday (double yuck!!). May do Monarch again in March for a surprise birthday gift for my DH-not sure yet. Want to do Vision, but if I am going to take a week off, I may as well fly and do a better cruise to the caribbean out of Florida, ya know!! To me, a cruise out of LA is like a quick trip to Vegas, a weekend thing, not really a whole week needed.

On the subject of that Cuba Gooding movie-how bad was that!!! I heard Chris Rock say something really funny-he said that whenever he sees a really bad movie with a big star in it, he figures that the star needs cash, so when he saw that Cuba boat movie, he sent Cuba Gooding $80.00. That comment had me laughing for hours, because it was so true- using that theroy, I guess Roger Moore needed some cash too!!

What part of LA do you live in, if you don't mind me asking??

I am in Glendale now, but I just moved over here from Los Feliz area. I am a realtor and we just happened across our house which is a 2 story Spanish so we moved here to Glendale cause we fell in love with it. I heard that comment from Chris Rock. Had me laughing for a while too. I love Chris Rock. He cracks me up.

RCCL have not put any deck plans in ANY of their 2006-2007 brochures but have sent them separately to TA's. They only did that under protest from TA's..

They are reprinting the '06/'07 brochures with deck plans as too many people were upset with the no deck plan brochures.

When we were on the Mariner last week, one of the officers told my husband that the balconies are going to be a bit deeper. Instead of the usual 4' or so, there will be an additional 2' added. I hope it's true.

Beth

Yes, it is true. This ship itself is around 50' wider, and the standard balcony is around 75 sqft as compared to the 40 some sqft on Voyager Class.

Okay guys, you caught me. I actually AM an RCI employee and I will say/do anything to disparage CCL.

I will be the first Captain of the Freedom because I've just completed my sailing lessons and RCI figures I will be pretty good since my mind won't be bogged down with all that 'experience and savvy' stuff. I now know how to sail a ship, unfortunately, I never learned how to dock.

Is this how RCI distinguishes itself?!?! :D

BTW - I was just in Jamaica 2 weeks ago and got some time on a Hobie Cat...any possibility I could be the 1st Mate?

FitzLA...true

And we all know how long that will take! We received our new brochures only this week and who knows when the updated ones will come! I could be even older and greyer!:D

I got an e-mail from RCCL saying that the new Brochure I ordered had been SHIPPED on October 2nd. I am beginning to think that this brochure is taking a leisurly trip around the world as I still don't have it. Maybe they are hand delivering it. Who knows!!!

I hope with the larger balconies, that they put some better furniture on them than what is on the Voyager Class. Or at least a bigger table, one that can hold two plates instead of one.:)

I'm guessing Not!

dogsandmountains,

I can't promise you the position of first mate because I haven't gotten far enough along in the manual to know what a first mate is...

However, I have viewed countless shows on the Travel channel that shows 2 or 3 guys holding binoculars and watching for icebergs and other possible obstructions.

How about I offer you the "starboard-side position of binocular holding"?

Re balconies: It does appear that the square footage of the balconies for the OS, for example, has risen from 131 s.f. (Mariner) to 209 s.f. (Freedom), but it also appears that the size of the cabin has been reduced slightly from 618 to 614 s.f.

What's up with that?

I am in Glendale now, but I just moved over here from Los Feliz area. I am a realtor and we just happened across our house which is a 2 story Spanish so we moved here to Glendale cause we fell in love with it. I heard that comment from Chris Rock. Had me laughing for a while too. I love Chris Rock. He cracks me up.

Must be a great house to lure you away from Los Feliz-love it there-I live on the West side in Culver City.

Re balconies: It does appear that the square footage of the balconies for the OS, for example, has risen from 131 s.f. (Mariner) to 209 s.f. (Freedom), but it also appears that the size of the cabin has been reduced slightly from 618 to 614 s.f.

What's up with that?

I will gladly give up 4 sqft of cabin space for 78 sqft more of balcony. You won't even notice the difference in room sizes....trust me.

Must be a great house to lure you away from Los Feliz-love it there-I live on the West side in Culver City.

It is a great house. We completely fell in love with it. We just bought a cabin in big bear too, so it is really easy to get there from Glendale. Just straight out the 210 to the mountain. So if it gets to hot in Glendale, up to the mountains it is. lol.

Archived