Picture Review Navigator Nov 10-21

On the last sea day they offered a chance to get a Galley tour at the end of which you were allowed to go back to the Galley and grab your own food and serve yourself. A neat idea and for $30 it was a great way to kill a couple hours.

The tour started in the MDR. We had Beef Wellington as one option for lunch, somethig I always wanted to try.

23313702161_b04589db12_b.jpg

23313699131_97c7a189aa_b.jpg

23289387952_9053f5f899_b.jpg

23315275551_529abe682f_b.jpg

22769472894_e8dedd587b_b.jpg

23289395652_6dfe7db11e_b.jpg

The Bread station was interesting. The roll making machine was something to see in action. It turned out a couple dozen rolls or more from a blob of raw dough in a matter of 4 or 5 seconds.

22770678823_cd8e93a554_b.jpg

23371709916_83f1466de2_b.jpg

23029905699_f1f163980b_b.jpg

22770689983_98fffff1c7_b.jpg

If Sushi is your thing ....

23371720756_f94eef2247_b.jpg

First of all, your pictures are gorgeous! It makes the wait to board all the more exciting! My question is the pic of the sports deck with the basketball player, what is the large structure in the background? It is a slopping tall thing. TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First of all, your pictures are gorgeous! It makes the wait to board all the more exciting! My question is the pic of the sports deck with the basketball player, what is the large structure in the background? It is a slopping tall thing. TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey thanks.

The bottom of that sloping structure is the area where you go to sign up to use the flow rider and rock climbing wall. The sloping structure itself - I don't think it serves any purpose apart from just looking aerodynamic.

Your pictures are stunning! So vivid I feel like I'm there. Have not sailed RCL but really want to, thinking this ship might be smaller than I would like, thinking the next ones up would be sweet spot. The Oasis class keep tempting me but all it takes is one post mentioning the negatives of the larger ship to make me rethink.

Thanks for sharing this with us :)

IMHO the Voyager class ships don't feel any more crowded than the Oasis/Allure. I love the Voyager class ships because they now mostly have all of the specialty restuarants and flowrider found on the larger ships. I haven't had a bad experience on any of the three classes of ships we have cruised.

IMHO the Voyager class ships don't feel any more crowded than the Oasis/Allure. I love the Voyager class ships because they now mostly have all of the specialty restuarants and flowrider found on the larger ships. I haven't had a bad experience on any of the three classes of ships we have cruised.

We've sailed the Voyager class and Freedom class ship several times each. I have to admit the differences aren't that noticeable but I did notice the difference on the pool deck. Much more space on the Freedom class and it does make a difference.

Yes these ships are not the ones I am thinking of with regards to crowding, it's the Oasis class that I am thinking may show the crowd more. I sailed on the NCL Epic and I really noticed the crowding in certain areas and it has me cautious now with ships of that size even though I know design has a huge impact.

Yes these ships are not the ones I am thinking of with regards to crowding, it's the Oasis class that I am thinking may show the crowd more. I sailed on the NCL Epic and I really noticed the crowding in certain areas and it has me cautious now with ships of that size even though I know design has a huge impact.

I've never cruised on the Oasis class but interestingly I talked to several people on the Navigator who cruised on the Oasis and they all mentioned that for a ship with that many people it didn't have a crowded feeling to it.

Your pictures are beautiful. I was glad to see that you had a Nikon 3100. I had been asking for a SLR and my husband got me the 3200. Now I can't wait to use it on our cruise in July.

Its a great camera. The one hint (well maybe a couple) is that every digital picture needs a little sharpening and some color enhancement. So get a program that will allow you to sharpen photos and do a little color enhancement. You can spend big bucks on a program like Photoshop but there are free alternatives out there - I use Gimp.

The best thing I did for this camera though was to buy a polarizing filter. On sunny days it really deepens the greens and blues and takes reflections out of water. It makes a huge difference in your outdoor pictures. You can pick up one of these for $50 on ebay. It goes on over the stock lens and has the added benefit of protect your lens. If you happen to bump the lens or scratch the filter, its only $50. Scratch the lens though and its an expensive mistake.

One last thing - take your time to learn to shoot in manual mode. You will learn how to adjust your lens speed and aperture (the lens opening) to fit the place you're trying to shoot. Once you master this you'll find that it is real handy for shooting in dark areas like a church or the Promenade for instance or night shots on deck. I often see people taking pictures around the ship and the flash is on all the time. They probably don't want to bother shooting for the circumstances (and that's ok) and would have been better off just buying a good point and shoot. If you want good pictures then an SLR is the way to go but learn how to use the tools the camera gives you.

Oh - and take lots of pictures. On a typical 7 day cruise I might take 1000-1500 pictures. Many won't turn out the way I would hope but that's ok because the 30%-40% that do turn out really well are worth it.

My next purchase for this camera is a prime lens. Allows for little wider angle shot and is better for darker areas, like we see on cruise ships.

Edited by nbsjcruiser

• 1 month later...

I agree with everyone else...your pictures are outstanding! I'll be on Navigator at the end of April (8 night itinerary leaving 4/30) and now I'm even more excited to see everything in person!! Thanks for taking the time to post!

• 5 weeks later...

Fantastic pictures! I've just come of P&O's Azura and I thought Navigator might look a bit old in comparison as its a lot older but looking at your picture it still looks amazing! How's the rest of the areas, carpets, cabins, stairs etc? I'm on her from Southampton in May, was 8 nights but got changed to 9....buzzing. Ports won't be as nice as yours but still can't wait!

Thanks for your post!!

Edited by Itsbeentoolong