Why I am Switching to HAL from Princess

Tom O.

This just shows how different an opinion 2 people can have. Regal and Oosterdam were my last 2 cruises. My feelings are completely the opposite of yours. I did not like my standard balcony room on Regal. I disliked the lack of a sitting area (couch) and I thought the room felt way too cramped.....way more cramped than my standard balcony room on Oosterdam that had a couch. And getting outside of the room itself, this is the main reason I disliked my Regal room compared to HAL:

Regal Princess:

ry%3D480

Oosterdam:

ry%3D480

While the regular balcony cabin on Regal was OK (except I missed the love seat on HAL), the actual balcony was very disappointing!

Edited by Boytjie

This just shows how different an opinion 2 people can have. Regal and Oosterdam were my last 2 cruises. My feelings are completely the opposite of yours. I did not like my standard balcony room on Regal. I disliked the lack of a sitting area (couch) and I thought the room felt way too cramped.....way more cramped than my standard balcony room on Oosterdam that had a couch. And getting outside of the room itself, this is the main reason I disliked my Regal room compared to HAL:

Regal Princess:

ry%3D480

Oosterdam:

ry%3D480

Oh, without a doubt, the balcony on NOORDAM was definitely bigger than the one we had on the REGAL....can't argue that point. Still, we were able to do the UBD without any problems. In my CC review I do mention it would be cramped for folks with a little girth to them. As far as the room itself, since the only thing we use the sofa for is to pile stuff on it, not having it is no big deal to us.

The REGAL's lack of a wraparound promenade is one of the ship's quirks that is a bit of a disappointment...same with the lack of a forward view. I guess we just loved the rest of the ship so much that we overlooked those little annoyances.

Thanks for the reply and smooth sailing to you!

While I haven't been to sabatinis for a few years it was delish when I tried it. I think it's about 20 steps above Canaletto:D.

I tried the Canaletto a number of years ago and found the food to be mediocre. But I tried again last fall and loved the new shared dishes concept and the quality of the food had improved markedly. I found it all delicious!

I understood what you meant. On our only Princess cruise (Crown Princess?) the balconies were stepped back on each higher deck. Looking down, as in your picture, all I could think about was office cubicles. :eek:

Ewwww, the picture with the stacked balconies looks horrible. I wouldn't want one of those.