Weather in December while cruising

JBobbyJ

Hi,

We usually cruise for spring break, or during the Summer, so this will be our first time taking a cruise in December. What type of clothing is recommended both on the ship as well as in port? Will we still be able to go to the beaches in Cozumel and Honduras- or will the water be super cold?

Starting to pack- and need lots of advice!

Thanks!

The water in the ports you mentioned should still be quite warm.

You should also find the outdoor temperature to be in the high 70's and low to even mid 80's. Now there is always the chance of cool weather. It doesn't happen very often but could happen so my advice is to check the weather a few days before your trip begins.

It is a nice time to sail.

Keith

We've always had good weather in December anywhere in the Caribbean. It can be chilly in the Bahamas but never in Caribbean at any time of the year. I only have a sweater or shawl with me because the AC can be chilly on the ship in the evenings!

Temperatures in the Caribbean don't vary much through the year, ditto water temperatures. :)

In December it's a little more likely to be wet, & perhaps a little choppy, compared to springtime. But you're only there for a few days, so you might be lucky or unlucky with the weather.

We find prices for cruising up to around 23rd Dec give good value, lots of folk prefer not to cruise in the run-up to Christmas.

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

Noro Virus is more of a problem in winter months. We've cruised a number of times in December, January and February. Weather is warm enough for beach days although water might be choppy. Just take sanitizer and wash your hands thoroughly. Our family has never had a problem. I also avoid green salads while cruising as an outbreak of illness on one of the Princess ships was linked to the lettuces. (This was a number of years ago.)

Edited by 05mak05