CamaCama's Family Vacation on the Escape 11/21/2015 (Detailed PICTURE Review!!!!!!)

CamaCama

There were some rocks in the water you had to be careful of, but the water was so calm and clear you could easily see them.

650.jpg

651.jpg

654.jpg

655.jpg

656.jpg

We got some chips for Mila and she was happy, she's not a beach lover yet but we did get her into the water later in the day!

660.jpg

Sienna right away noticed some snails - all different sizes - on the rocks by where we were sitting and she couldn't get enough. She was very careful with them and always put them back where she found them... kept her busy all day!

661.jpg

657.jpg

658.jpg

659.jpg

670.jpg

Photo ops on the rocks...

667.jpg

668.jpg

669.jpg

View from our chairs to the right

671.jpg

We each got a beer a few minutes before it was time to go, Len said they were cheap, but I don't remember how much, the concession was very small but didn't matter since we were only there for 2 hours and were planning on eating lunch back on the ship.

672.jpg

We packed up our stuff and walked to the exit at 12:55 but we were told our driver already left! No idea why he left 5 minutes early and didn't wait for us, but they said another bus would be leaving shortly. Sienna had to use the restroom so I took her to where the concession is and there was a line of a few people. We were next to go in and Len called for us to get on the bus, but I told them to wait a few minutes because there was no way she would make the 30 minute drive back. It was our turn and this was on the wall above the toilet... classy.

673.jpg

We made our way back to the ship, stopping in some of the little shops they had. The girls each got a mini conch shell and tortola coloring book.

680.jpg

Bad quality cell phone pic, but shows the artwork in that corridor where the shops are, really pretty.

680a.jpg

681.jpg

Back to the Escape... we still had half a day ahead of us to enjoy the pool deck.

682.jpg

Cold wash cloth and drinks before getting back on. And again, NO LINES at all today.

683.jpg

684.jpg

We were back on by 2pm

685a.jpg

686.jpg

We went back to the room to put some of our stuff down and Mila stole Sienna's sunglasses

687.jpg

We got chairs in a prime location by the adults only pool and Sienna wanted to go play in the aqua park for a while.

688.jpg

689.jpg

690.jpg

Let me take this opportunity to show some of the seating they have around the Aqua Park kids area... I was worried there would be no place to sit while the kids played but there was. Pretty much the whole area had bench seating around it and some outside of it and there were loungers right next to one side of it so if you had older kids you could sit there, only a few feet away and not have to be on top of them.

691.jpg

691a.jpg

693.jpg

692.jpg

694.jpg

695.jpg

3:00 came and went... 3:30... 4:00... finally we were sailing away at 4:30, we had no idea why at the time and there were no announcements. We found out the next day that a ship excursion was late coming back.

696.jpg

703.jpg

We made our way back to the room a few minutes after sailaway and sat on the balconies until the sun went down, it was such a gorgeous night. Nights like this you really appreciate having a private balcony!

704.jpg

705.jpg

706.jpg

707.jpg

Sienna wanted to take my picture

708.jpg

We passed some kind of old fort I think? I zoomed in, it looked pretty interesting...

709.jpg

709a.jpg

710.jpg

711.jpg

Sienna was reading and writing and we all needed to shower but we just couldn't pull ourselves away from the sunset!

713.jpg

Edited by CamaCama

Like most nights, we missed our reservation. I knew when making 5:30 reservations online before we sailed that it was going to be too early, but that was all that was available (that or 9pm for parties of 8 -- they didn't even offer party of 7) and I wanted to have something set each night just in case. We had a 5:30 reservation at Savor that we definitely didn't make, we didn't even start our showers until after then!

Sienna wanted to go to camp so we got ready and got her something to eat at Garden Café and dropped her off at 7pm.

723.jpg

724.jpg

725.jpg

It was safari night so there was a line to get sign her in, Mila posed in front of the art in the hallway while we waited.

726.jpg

Safari theme

727.jpg

Random but I just found this picture... there were wine dispensers in Garden Café but I never saw anyone using them at all the whole week. You had to swipe your card and then choose your wine, seemed like a good idea but I think most people would rather get wine at the dining rooms, the wine cellar or a bar.

722.jpg

Beautiful pictures - we'll be doing the same itinerary as the Escape but we'll be on the "little boat" :D

If you are in Tortola again and have the opportunity to do an excursion without the "kiddies" - try going to Josh Van Dyke - Soggy Dollar (NCL excursion) - such fun. Home of the Painkiller. Gorgeous beach. Actually you could take the children - maybe when they are older and swim - frequently you need to swim from the boat to the beach - reason it's called "Soggy Dollar" ;)

I knew Mila wouldn't want to go back to Guppies and I didn't want to force her so we walked over there to cancel the 2 reservations we had for the Thursday and Friday morning slots. They asked us to cancel 12 hours in advance and I wanted to give them that courtesy so they could add other kids who were on the wait list. On the way out we noticed her artwork on the wall and they let us take it home.

728.jpg

729.jpg

It was about 7:30 and we decided to head over to Taste to eat dinner and luckily the place was empty! We got right in and got a nice booth in the back for 6 (in-laws met up with us there)... I don't have many pictures from this dinner but the food was very good that night and the service was super fast.

Chicken consommé soup

730.jpg

Chicken fingers and fries for Mila

731.jpg

Chicken parm

732.jpg

Steak

733.jpg

We walked around for a while, there was tons of artwork but nothing I loved... this was the only piece that caught my eye.

734.jpg

Headliners was getting ready for a show, I think dueling pianos was supposed to start at 9:00

735.jpg

736.jpg

Towel animal of the night and a reminder to turn our clocks back 1 hour tonight.

737.jpg

We hung out in the room and watched Dirty Dancing until we had to pick up Sienna at 10pm, we were all sleeping by 10:30.

END OF DAY 5!

Edited by CamaCama

Thanks for getting back to me.

Looking forward to seeing more from your day in Tortola. Even with my research, I've never heard of Brewers Bay.

Btw...you girls are sooo sweet. :-)

Thanks!!! It's a great beach to go to if you have very little time on Tortola like we did... all aboard was 2:30. I'd recommend it!

Edited by CamaCama

The sunset pics were amazing. That is one of my favorite things to do on a cruise. Drink in hand on my private balcony, and just enjoying the sun dipping on the horizon.

Your beach gave me a good idea of what to do in Tortola. It is a shame that the ship departs so early...

Once again thanks for taking along this fun review :)

I love this review!

I'm supposed to be taking this cruise sometime next year, so it's great to see!!!

But I'm laughing at myself, because when i saw your embarkation picture, I said "Oh good, they have a teenager, I can see what she did all week" for my daughter. I was halfway into this and noticed some of pics with mirrors and thought that your teenager daughter took a lot of pictures!

Then.... I eventually figured out that's not a teenager - that's you! LOL!!!

Wow thank you!!! I do still get carded sometimes when buying scratch off tickets and alcohol and always take it as a compliment. I'll enjoy it while it lasts. :o

Beautiful pictures - we'll be doing the same itinerary as the Escape but we'll be on the "little boat" :D

If you are in Tortola again and have the opportunity to do an excursion without the "kiddies" - try going to Josh Van Dyke - Soggy Dollar (NCL excursion) - such fun. Home of the Painkiller. Gorgeous beach. Actually you could take the children - maybe when they are older and swim - frequently you need to swim from the boat to the beach - reason it's called "Soggy Dollar" ;)

We are actually thinking of doing a "little boat" next time! :) I'll keep that in mind if we ever get back to Tortola kid free, thanks!!

Edited by CamaCama

The sunset pics were amazing. That is one of my favorite things to do on a cruise. Drink in hand on my private balcony, and just enjoying the sun dipping on the horizon.

Your beach gave me a good idea of what to do in Tortola. It is a shame that the ship departs so early...

Once again thanks for taking along this fun review :)

It really is, we would have loved more time on Tortola, and we left 1.5 hours later and still made it to Nassau on time on Friday (even went through a horrible storm Thursday night)... so it seems like they COULD leave tortola later than 3 and still make the next stop on schedule. I'm sure people would rather that even if it meant less time in Nassau (2-7 instead of 12-7 would be fine with me)!