Freedom deck 12 balcony

Emmyemmy

Has anyone sailed in any of the new balcony rooms on deck 12 freedom of the seas. How was it? Noise level, size, location? And do you have any pictures? We are sailing January 10th and can't seem to find any information on it. Thanks!! :):D

Liberty of the Seas April 11th 2015

Freedom of the seas January 10th 2016

I have not stayed in those new rooms, but they face forward in the area where the running track went past the spa and gym. I do not believe they are balcony rooms. My understanding is that they have floor to ceiling glass for a great view but no access outside because of the wind effect you woul encounter on that part of the ship.

I have not stayed in those new rooms, but they face forward in the area where the running track went past the spa and gym. I do not believe they are balcony rooms. My understanding is that they have floor to ceiling glass for a great view but no access outside because of the wind effect you woul encounter on that part of the ship.

A number of the new staterooms on deck 12 are balconies. They are the ones farthest aft on each side.

We are booked in one that is a balcony on the front left side of the panoramics. I've heard the balconies are smaller than average and larger than average so I'm not sure what they actually are like lol. I hope they are nice! I'm assuming since they are new they will be more updated than our last balcony on Liberty.

I checked the deck 12 panoramic OV and balcony cabins while on our B2B Freedom cruises in October and they appeared to be the same as the ones I saw on Navigator last January. We were in a Panoramic OV for those B2B2B cruises. Here are the shots I took of one of those balcony cabins I took on Navigator.

attachment.php?attachmentid=370048&d=1449014232

attachment.php?attachmentid=370049&d=1449014232

attachment.php?attachmentid=370050&d=1449014232

P1250699.jpg.d0b32d6abd07e53f471f81e029978b36.jpg

P1250700.jpg.0c132f5a5ddd1cd6eb85951c15a8bc28.jpg

P1250698.jpg.83fe53f7d28bc91bb72230a0293e8022.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

We stayed there in the spring in one of the new balcony cabins. It was perhaps the 3rd sailing with the new cabins. They were nice and new, very nice. Was a very quiet area of the ship...No smell of smoke from below, and would stay there again in a heartbeat. The only negative I can say about them was the water pressure in the shower. They installed new water saver heads and the flow was lacking. I complained and the old type shower head was installed and the problem went away. One night we did have some noise from up above. Again we complained and the chairs above us were tied up at night and the problem was solved. Great views from up there!!

We stayed there in the spring in one of the new balcony cabins. It was perhaps the 3rd sailing with the new cabins. They were nice and new, very nice. Was a very quiet area of the ship...No smell of smoke from below, and would stay there again in a heartbeat. The only negative I can say about them was the water pressure in the shower. They installed new water saver heads and the flow was lacking. I complained and the old type shower head was installed and the problem went away. One night we did have some noise from up above. Again we complained and the chairs above us were tied up at night and the problem was solved. Great views from up there!!

Did you find the beds to be ok? Someone described them as cots. Laura had a new inside cabin on Freedom and said the mattress was thinner than she remembered

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome! Thank you! I'm getting very excited! 20 more days!