Guy's Burger

comett

We love theme and think they are a great addition to the lunch options on the ship. We don't really like the lido buffet much. Certain days I can really struggle to find something I like on the buffet, so between the blue iguana, guys and pizza and deli we are set! It's a great addition to carnival ships. Not to mention carnival has kept it free! guys is our first meal when we get on the ship! We look forward to it!

Yes they do and be prepared for the strong smell of greasy burgers on the lido deck. At times, it was very nauseating.

Yes, nauseatingly delicious! I have to admit, though, I only had one on the last cruise because they definitely are filled with grease, fat, and bad cholesterol, and calories.

I am sure, after reading the numerous threads and blogs that I am in a minority.

But what is the big deal about a Hamburger?

We come from Orlando and there are numerous hamburger joints such as Five Guys, Burger Fi etc where if you want, you can get your over-sized burger and fries.

Cruises always served hamburgers at the pool. Maybe Guy's Burgers are better, but we do not go on a cruise to ear a hamburger.

Again, I am sure that I am in the minority.

I had used GF in an earlier post regarding buns. Someone then responded didn't care for GF. My apologies in that it did not occur to me someone had used the GF reference after me and was not referring to the same thing.

As for the burgers, we like them. I think people would need to try for themselves since taste is so subjective.

Excited to hear they have gluten free buns! My daughter and I both have celiac and typically bring our own (BYOB - bring your own bun). :)

Does anyone know if the fries are gluten free? I'm not sure if any breaded items go in the same fryer.

I prefer a filet mignon, but that's my personal bias. Probably why my cholesterol levels stay around 135.

Yes ... we prefer filet to hamburger BUT hamburger today was $6 lb and filet was $21 lb :o

I'd imagine there are a lot of folks like DH and I who wouldn't go out at home for an expensive, probably greasy burger BUT on the ship might enjoy treating ourselves to one. :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm of the same opinion. Before I ordered one, I recall thinking, "This joint smells like the back of a McDonalds drive through, but if these things are as good as everyone on critic says, I gotta get me one."

For the life of me can't see why people like them. I tried one and thought it was one of the worst burgers I had ever eaten, but figured maybe it was just a bad day for whoever was on the grill and after two bites left it. Tried again the next day thinking that this time it would be the magical experience everyone else seems to have and was disappointed again. I didn't make it past one bite (it isn't like it was going to get any better). I felt bad for having wasted two burgers, but I just couldn't do it.

I'm quite aware that they're immensely popular and that we all have different tastes, I just can't fathom why anyone would care for these and am shocked they're as popular as they are.

I don't know that they're "magical", but have you ever tasted burgers on any other line? Guys are like 5 stars compared to any other burger I've ever had on a ship.

Just got off the Freedom on Saturday and I have to admit that my wife and I had Guy's almost once a day on the cruise. Didn't care for the food on the buffet at all. I'd consider myself a burger connoisseur as I often eat at 5 Guys, Smashburger, etc. and I would put the Guy's burgers up against Smashburger in taste and quality. For the quantity they're cooking on a daily basis, the quality was pretty impressive. And the fries were awesome!

Add me and my husband to the "unimpressed" list. I know people book ships just for Guys, but for the life of me I cannot understand why. They are so, so greasy. Definitely not the kind of food I want to eat in hot Caribbean sun, I felt sick after eating it from all the grease (although I'm sure it's great the morning after heavy drinking!). It's basically nothing special. We both tried it once, and probably won't eat there again.

On the other hand, Blue Iguana (which seems to almost always be hand in hand with Guys on ships) is definitely worth it. Those burritos were awesome. My husband would almost not want to sail on a ship that doesn't have his burritos!

Wow!! What a variety of opinions. And here's one more for you. THEY ARE FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! DH and I both lover the "Ringer". Ate several on the Breeze last month. I hope they put a Guy's on the Valor during their dry dock.

Yeah I hope the Valor gets one also during the dry dock. We will be on her in July.

Yes, nauseatingly delicious! I have to admit, though, I only had one on the last cruise because they definitely are filled with grease, fat, and bad cholesterol, and calories.

Yes the burgers are delicious but a little on the greasy side. Maybe an 85/15 mix would be better than the 80/20 to reduce the fat a little. The extra fat makes the buns soggy.