Celebrity Reflections cabin 2217 sky suite

bleepy

My first cruise and i'm stressing over my cabin choice. Wanted aft but now reading that we're below the bar and that there's a big overhang. I hate to spend the extra money and be unhappy with the cabin. Often when we go to a hotel we'll pay for an upgrade when we get there and know that it's worth it.

Anyone stay in this cabin or care to give me some words of wisdom? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

It appears your Sky Suite is under the back corner of the buffet restaurant (Oceanview Cafe) and not any bar or even a walkway that might be used by cleaning/serving carts. I would expect minimal noise from over head, maybe a twice-a-day wipedown.

An overhang is good, the sun can drive you inside without one. If you WANT to get sun, you are one floor below the public pools. Also no one can look down onto your deck, a frequent complaint from lower cabins on "wedding cake" structured ships.

There is an external photo of the Solstice, post #2 HERE:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1327656

Solstice 2151 is equivalent to 2217 on Reflection. Top left. Looks like pretty much the sweetest suite on the ship!

Relax!

• 2 months later...

We just got off the Reflection, cabin 2217. There is noise from chairs being moved above. Mainly early mornings, breakfast crowd. Otherwise the cabin is lovely and very private. Not recommended for people looking to sleep a bit longer in the mornings.