Chances of an upgrade with a Cabin Guarantee?

Cruisegoer

Well I had the call from Natasha the upgrade fairy. No freebies even with the "but it's my birthday" ploy but I was able to upgrade from a now assigned 1A Aft on Lido vibration special OV to a 8D on the Lido deck balcony for $250 total ($125pp). If she hadn't told me what my room assignment was going to have been I probably would have said no but the thought of being on the Lido deck high above the water was pretty enticing!

Bon Voyage All.

Elaine please read my messages, I am fine with an OV room, since it's my bday I am hoping...thought perhaps my PVP might have a "notes" field they could mention my bday. I know he can't assign my cabin, that's above his pay grade.

I don't think anyone looks at the notes until shortly before you are on the ship. Then ship personnel may look at the notes. If you have a birthday or anniversary, you usually have to tell your wait staff about it. It seems like an awful lot of people are celebrating something so I doubt an upgrade would be based on that, but you can always hope. Good luck.

Well I had the call from Natasha the upgrade fairy. No freebies even with the "but it's my birthday" ploy but I was able to upgrade from a now assigned 1A Aft on Lido vibration special OV to a 8D on the Lido deck balcony for $250 total ($125pp). If she hadn't told me what my room assignment was going to have been I probably would have said no but the thought of being on the Lido deck high above the water was pretty enticing!

Bon Voyage All.

Glad to hear you're satisfied with the outcome. Hope you have a wonderful cruise, and Happy Birthday! :-)

I'm down to 30 day's and no cabin assignment yet. I'm getting anxious...

If it is you may want to contact your PVP around 30 days....I contacted mine on day 27 and the next day got a call from the upgrade fairy. Even if I hadn't taken the upgrade she would had told me what my cabin assignment was going to be.

I know this is an age old question, pondered since the dawn of time itself.

I booked an O/V Guarantee many moons ago on an upcoming sailing. Now 39 days out and still no assignment and I just looked on the CCL website and it's showing O/V is now sold out and doing a quick count there are 47 unsold balcony cabins. I'd generally assume that people who paid more or have a higher past passenger status would more likely receive an upgrade before me. So with this info and knowing I don't yet have an assignment can I be alittle excited (beyond the fact I'm even going on a cruise) that I may get a bump? I'm perfectly happy with an O/V cabin but this would be a nice 40th birthday present from Carnival since that's what this cruise is celebrating.

Since you booked a guarantee there is no way to know where you will end up. You will have a cabin no worse than the category that you booked.

They are probably trying to get paid upgrades to the balconies and will not assign your cabin until all upgrade options are completed.

Have you called to make sure no assignment yet? Our friends had book an OV guarantee for their upcoming trip (3 weeks) and heard nothing as of last weekend. They called just to confirm (anxious) and although it was not posted on the booking as of yet the Carnival CSR told them they had been assigned a cabin (no upgrade) and gave them the number, it showed up on their booking page within 24 hrs. of that call.

Maybe just good timing on our friends part but it worked and they now know.