Windy

so,ton saint

any one cruising saturday 5th dec all ships in after midnight trying to beat storm also Saint,s at home 3pm :)

Thank you for this...at least it will not be raining. Hope the air bridge sticks to the ship as I know there has been problems with that in the past.

I think it will be a bumpy first night.

Thank you for this...at least it will not be raining. Hope the air bridge sticks to the ship as I know there has been problems with that in the past.

I think it will be a bumpy first night.

I think the berth,s are still the same as when they departed except for Oceana which is Ocean terminal 46 Berth ORIANA 101 berth Aurora 106 berth

Are you coming down these parts tomorrow, the english lady? If you are driving on the M3 wave to me at Junction 9....

I am not sure which way we are coming. I always thought it was a34, but have been informed we don't come that way..I am not the driver,so just sit in regal splendour.

So not sure if I can wave to you or not!!!!!!

I'll be at the A34/A33 junction ... have a safe journey anyway and a fab cruise. :)

So, ton saint - do you get many long queues of stationary cars at The Mayflower on the lines of those I have sometimes seen queuing at Ocean Terminal?

Edited by Scriv

I'll be at the A34/A33 junction ... have a safe journey anyway and a fab cruise. :)

So, ton saint - do you get many long queues of stationary cars at The Mayflower on the lines of those I have sometimes seen queuing at Ocean Terminal?

Hi Scriv sound,s like Aurora for you western med, no have never seen long queues, now P.O have got there new arrival time,s ,are you parking with CPS, CRUISE PARKING or MEET and GREET, have a good cruise.

We left on Balmoral one January in a force 11. I didn't think we would leave but we did. She handled the seas quite well, although it was a bit rough. However, on the morning of day three, turned on the telly and we were still just south of Plymouth!

We left on Balmoral one January in a force 11. I didn't think we would leave but we did. She handled the seas quite well, although it was a bit rough. However, on the morning of day three, turned on the telly and we were still just south of Plymouth!

Hi jeanlyon yes Balmoral is home berthed Newcastle next year we have the breamar all season,

OH has just been looking at AIS. 3 ships (oceana/oriana/aurora) all steaming to Southampton, one was just past Portland, so guess they will be in port late tonight even. I guess that would be strange if one was docked in Southampton tonight, but you were not disembarking until tomorrow. Especially if you live fairly close .

Aurora at 18.24, now just approaching I.O.W, so should be in well before midnight. Other 2 just behind.

Edited by the english lady

We aren't sailing at all, but have read this and just want to wish you all safe journeys to Southampton and safe and happy sailaways amidst the storm. Just looked at Marine traffic site and they all seem to be motoring to get home as soon as they can. :-)

Have a great time everyone !:D

Edited by Presto2

We aren't sailing at all, but have read this and just want to wish you all safe journeys to Southampton and safe and happy sailaways amidst the storm. Just looked at Marine traffic site and they all seem to be motoring to get home as soon as they can. :-)

Have a great time everyone !:D

Thank you Presto2..is there a hint of I'm glad I'm not sailing tomorrow....

It's interesting, have been in rough seas on Braemar, Balmoral, Oriana and Azura. On Azura we were in the Med, and she rolled like hell. the other three performed really well in horrendous conditions. I still think these big ones shaped like a brick are far worse in a big sea than the smaller liner type vessels. balmoral was really good.

Thank you Presto2..is there a hint of I'm glad I'm not sailing tomorrow....

I promise you that there was not a hint of being glad. Can only dream of being on Oceana tomorrow - whatever the weather.

Happy cruises all ---- sincerely ;) :D

Edited by Presto2

Well its the morning in Bucks

All trees still standing

Still very windy here.

All cases packed, and all underweight-how did I manage that?

Safe journey down everyone, who are travelling today.

At least we have a cruise to look forward to...the people getting off the ships just have weather and washing:(:(:(

Edited by the english lady

Just back from Oceana, the rockiest cruise we have ever done :eek:

We were quite surprised to be in the English Channel yesterday morning, until Captain Chris Bourne came on the tannoy to say that they had raced across the BoB to miss one storm and were racing for home to avoid the next. We docked about 3am, but due to our position on F deck we were woken by bow thrusters and had a job to sleep after that

Glad to get in port though and very smooth disembarkation. Home in Oxford on the train before noon.

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

Looks as if Oriana and Aurora got away very promptly. Aurora now showing 40 to 50 miles SW of Ushant, Oriana approaching the entrance to the NordSee canal, and Oceana safely tucked up in Zeebrugge.

I hope everyone on board all of them had a good night.

Edited by tom_uk