Live from the Island Princess Dec 5-20 Panama Canal

mdgary

Enjoying all the pictures, thanks for the cocktail menus also.

Is there a way to turn the Patters around, several are upside down. There is prolly some place within dropbox to do this?

Thanks!!!

Think it was just the first two from day 1 and I rescanned them and replaced.

Thank you for sharing your cruise with us. I may have missed this, but was there commentary broadcast during the Canal transit and, if so, could you hear it out on your balcony?

They broadcast it on the television as you go through. If you turn the volume up really loud you can hear the commentary from the balcony. :D

They broadcast it on the television as you go through. If you turn the volume up really loud you can hear the commentary from the balcony. :D

Thank you. We're planning on taking a baby monitor so we can hear the TV commentary out on our balcony. We didn't want to pack one if either it was already broadcast out on the balconies or wasn't on the tv anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this.

I took my first cruise just this past December on the Grand (10 days -Mexican Riviera) and loved it. My husband could not go due to work but he came on board for the Bon Voyage Luncheon when we embarked in SF. So while he has a sense of the Princess ships, he hasn't sailed one.

I took advantage of the future cruise credits while on board and booked a 7 day Alaska cruise on the Island (May 11 2016 Vancouver to Whittier) and a 15 day Panama cruise on the Island as well (Jan 4 2017 LA to Ft Lauderdale). Both cruises are in Aloha deck aft suites, the first in A 727 and the second in A 729.

As you may know, there are a lot of naysayers out there regarding the aft suites and I was getting a bit nervous. Our suites are pretty much right above where you stayed in B741 so if you did not have excessive noise or vibration then I am sure we will not either. I can't thank you enough for putting my mind to ease on that.

I was in an aft cabin on the Grand in Dec so have some idea of what the aft is like.

I can not wait to show my husband all your photos and insights so he can start getting excited about our upcoming cruises on the Island.

• 4 weeks later...

I just discovered your trip report--thanks so much for taking the time to post it and the pictures! We are on the Island Princess in October, through the canal on the opposite itinerary from yours, and we're in cabin B738, just doors away from yours. I am glad you commented on your satisfaction with the cabin and the ship in general.

Did you reserve any time in the Sanctuary? What was the procedure for booking it?

I shared your facebook pix with my husband so he can start anticipating our cruise too. Thanks again!

Chris

Edited by sbgrace

I just discovered your trip report--thanks so much for taking the time to post it and the pictures! We are on the Island Princess in October, through the canal on the opposite itinerary from yours, and we're in cabin B738, just doors away from yours. I am glad you commented on your satisfaction with the cabin and the ship in general.

Did you reserve any time in the Sanctuary? What was the procedure for booking it?

I shared your facebook pix with my husband so he can start anticipating our cruise too. Thanks again!

Chris

I think you will enjoy that cabin especially when going through the locks. We didn't go to the Sanctuary but it did look nice. I checked the patters and it states it was first come-first served so not sure if you could reserve in advance. Do seem to recall that prices doubled on canal day but I could be wrong.