Souvenir Glasses

Raxter54

I had a question for you Carnival cruising veterans. I am going on the Dream at the end of February with DW, SIL, BIL, and their daughter and hubby. The niece/hubby have two lovely little daughters that love Nemo. I saw that Carnival had a souvenir glass that looked like a red blowfish. The little girls would love to have these glasses.

The problem - none of us drink alcohol. Can you get a soda or non-alcoholic drink in these glasses, and what would be the cost? Also, does Carnival have any other fish shaped souvenir glasses? I thought I saw a picture on John Heald's page that had a souvenir glass that looked like a blue fish.

Thanks for any info you might be able to provide.

You can buy just the glass, or the glass with a virgin drink. I bought a parrot glass on my cruise last month, and the glass alone was $10. Can't recall how much extra it was with a virgin pina colada (I don't drink either). I think it was $8 more with the gratuity included, but I'm not positive.

Can't comment about fish ones, as I'm all about parrots. [emoji4]

ImageUploadedByForums1449289982.802090.jpg.7742d77e10f74511c4c0bf434c5796da.jpg

Edited by bakersdozen12

You can buy just the glass, or the glass with a virgin drink. I bought a parrot glass on my cruise last month, and the glass alone was $10. Can't recall how much extra it was with a virgin pina colada (I don't drink either). I think it was $8 more with the gratuity included, but I'm not positive.

Can't comment about fish ones, as I'm all about parrots. [emoji4]

[ATTACH]370296[/ATTACH]

Hmmm, about $18 total. Seems a little steep, guess we'll see about buying the glass by itself. Thanks for the information, though...

I had a question for you Carnival cruising veterans. I am going on the Dream at the end of February with DW, SIL, BIL, and their daughter and hubby. The niece/hubby have two lovely little daughters that love Nemo. I saw that Carnival had a souvenir glass that looked like a red blowfish. The little girls would love to have these glasses.

The problem - none of us drink alcohol. Can you get a soda or non-alcoholic drink in these glasses, and what would be the cost? Also, does Carnival have any other fish shaped souvenir glasses? I thought I saw a picture on John Heald's page that had a souvenir glass that looked like a blue fish.

Thanks for any info you might be able to provide.

On our cruise on Carnival Liberty, they had both the red "Blowfish" cups and the "Blue fish" cups. You can get just the cup for a cheaper price, with nothing in it.

bakerssozen12 mentioned the parrot glasses (ceramic, we got them too) that were $10.00. That is correct, but I think they are a little more expensive than the Blowfish and Bluefish, which are plastic and a little less expensive. We also got those, but got the drinks in them and they were $14.00 total for cup with the alcohol drink.

Edited by pghsteelerfan

I will try to look for receipts but I am remembering paying around $6 for the blowfish cup. The girls might like the coconut monkey head cup, too:).

Yes, saw the monkey head. We'll definitely look into them :-)

Thanks to all of you...

Does every bar have them? OR are there certain bars that have certain cups? Do I need to visit every one to get a collection?

I don't know if all of the ship's bars have them, but you're most likely to find them at the poolside bars. For some reason, not every souvenir glass is available every time on every cruise. A couple of cruises ago, we wanted two of the Whale Tail glasses. Even though they weren't being offered for sale on that cruise, I was able to get two by asking one of the bartenders for them. Just FYI.

Does every bar have them? OR are there certain bars that have certain cups? Do I need to visit every one to get a collection?

Most bars have them and it'll be a different cup each day. They're usually the drink of the day. If you really really want one check the pool bars, often the servers are walking around with them on trays.