Docking at 6 am....NCL Jewel

erby2283

We were in the 1st group to leave the ship on the 29th sep(the jewels 1st ny cruise) and there are four different stages of groups to disembark... and we were not called until 9am to go and collect our luggage and go thru customs...we were to pick up a hire car in new york at 10.15 am , just 5 mins from the dock and did not get there until 11am!!

so book a late flight, later the better.

But what time did your ship dock?

I do know that most ships dock earlier than scheduled but I was just curious. I think I will try to pack one suitecase and carry our stuff off so we can be one of the first.

docking times seems to be totally irrelevant to the time you get off, especially if immigration has to be invoved.

Disembarkation is carried out by coloured tags. COLOUR is done according to the deck you are on. we were in a penthouse suite( with vip tags) first off. but we still were not allowed to leave until immigration cleared the ship, then we were told to leave according to the coloured tags all are given..and according to cabin status. no one was allowed to take their own bags off, they are all stacked on the pier, you must leave your bags outside your cabin before 2 am the night before. I asked reception if we could carry our own bags off and was told a DEFINITE NO.

So most people think I am still pushing it even though we dock at 6 on a Sunday? How do I find out how many other ships will be docking at that time?

On the Majesty, we docked at 8 (in Charleston) and we were already in the car driving home by 11:30.

Now you people are worrying me...

I don't think that the time your ship docks is particularly relevant. Of more importance is what time the Customs & Immigrations officials begin work. Their schedule will play a much larger role in determining when passengers begin to disembark the ship than how long it has been sitting at the pier. I seriously doubt that they begin work before 7am and wouldn't be surprised if it were later, especially on a Sunday. ;)

When we went on our cruise last year, we had to cleared by immigration in Key West (our first stop since coming back to US Territory).

Then the morning of Disemmbarkment, we filled out those cards that tell customs how much we bought, etc and had it signed by an officer on the ship.

Then, after we picked up our luggage and were on our way out we noticed more customs officers checking these cards before letting people exit the building (these people's cards were not previously signed).

Can someone tell me why ours was signed off on while on the ship and others were not processed until picking up their luggage?

Archived