Upgrade from Classic to Premium

mamamzee

We received the Classic Pkg last year when we booked onboard. Our cruise is Eclipse January 5-10. Should we upgrade now or wait until we are on board? If we upgrade now, how do we do it?

Also, I can't remember how much obc we were given. How can I find this out? Travel agent gave some, we bought some with Visa points, and Celebrity gave us some.

There is no monetary benefit to upgrading before you go aboard. The upgrade price is exactly.

If there is any question about whether to upgrade or not, it's definitely best to wait until you are aboard for a day or two. You could find the Classic meets all of your needs.

We received the Classic Pkg last year when we booked onboard. Our cruise is Eclipse January 5-10. Should we upgrade now or wait until we are on board? If we upgrade now, how do we do it?

Also, I can't remember how much obc we were given. How can I find this out? Travel agent gave some, we bought some with Visa points, and Celebrity gave us some.

There is no monetary benefit to upgrading before you go aboard. The upgrade price is exactly.

Agree, except if you are on a European cruise with all EU port. It will cost you 10% more due to EU Value Added Tax to purchace once aboard. You can avoid this by upgrading pre cruise.

We've had both the classic and premium packages on different cruises. We were satisfied with the classic package ... but once we had the premium package, we kind of missed being able to get the better wines and martinis.

I understand that the upgrade cost is $11.50 pp ... but you only have to upgrade one of them if the other passenger is happy enough with the classic options. Is this correct?

Also, if you do decide to upgrade, are you allowed to do so halfway through the cruise and if so, is it prorated so you only pay for the day you upgrade and for those days up through until the end of the cruise? Is there a cutoff date on when upgrades are no longer available?

We are just off the Summit and you can pretty much upgrade to the premium at anytime. I am not sure, but I believe they stop the 4th or 5th night, but I may be wrong. The upgrade is only around $11 US, and makes a big difference if you drink martini's or premium drinks. We worked with our agent and paid before getting on the ship so that the OBC's could be used for other things (spa, excursions, etc.)

Funny to see this question, because I'm on the same ship on the same sailing and because of the problems using the Celebrity web site, I was thinking about the same thing. Thank you to all who have answered, you've obviously helped twice as many people as you originally thought.

Seriously, I always have issues trying to upgrade using the website when I get a free package with a wave promo. The website doesn't seem to be able to get the prices right, or at least acts like it wants to charge me full price and I'm uncomfortable dealing with their computer.

We are just off the Summit and you can pretty much upgrade to the premium at anytime. I am not sure, but I believe they stop the 4th or 5th night, but I may be wrong. The upgrade is only around $11 US, and makes a big difference if you drink martini's or premium drinks. We worked with our agent and paid before getting on the ship so that the OBC's could be used for other things (spa, excursions, etc.)

Thanks .... Good to know. So, I assume they wouldn't charge that upgrade fee for days 1-4 if you upgraded on day 5....well, hopefully not anyway. We have a wine cruise on our next cruise as well as the bev package. I think we will already have good wine so may not upgrade on this one but I am sure there will always be another situation where this question will arise. :D

on Celebrity Constellation for its 11/28/15 to 12/7/15 cruise as I got a better selection of quality beers. I despise Miller, Bud and Coors and the only good beer on the Classic package was Heineken whereas on the Premium, there was three or four of them.

I also believe you get better quality of wine and better quality of hard lliquor.

Read what Celebrity has on their website for the different choices before you make a choice.

I did the upgrade before I got on the ship and there was no discount for doing the upgrade on board.

I never regretted my choice for the upgrade as life is too short to drink cheap wine or cheap beer.

on Celebrity Constellation for its 11/28/15 to 12/7/15 cruise as I got a better selection of quality beers. I despise Miller, Bud and Coors and the only good beer on the Classic package was Heineken whereas on the Premium, there was three or four of them.

I also believe you get better quality of wine and better quality of hard lliquor.

Read what Celebrity has on their website for the different choices before you make a choice.

I did the upgrade before I got on the ship and there was no discount for doing the upgrade on board.

I never regretted my choice for the upgrade as life is too short to drink cheap wine or cheap beer.

Where did your cruise go? Just curious.

Where did your cruise go? Just curious.

Sailed from Fort Lauderdale, with two days sea time to St. Bart's, then to St. Maarten, then to St. Croix, San Juan, Puerto, Laberdee, Haiti, and back to Fort Lauderdale, making a nine day cruise

Sailed from Fort Lauderdale, with two days sea time to St. Bart's, then to St. Maarten, then to St. Croix, San Juan, Puerto, Laberdee, Haiti, and back to Fort Lauderdale, making a nine day cruise

That's a good itinerary!

We cruised on Equinox the end of November. We had the Classic Package included and planned to upgrade onboard using our OBC. It turned out that we stayed with the Classic Package. I am a Bombay Sapphire martini drinker and had no problem having those made in the "Classic" size at the bars. My wife is a Tangeray and Tonic girl, again no problem. Our wine options at dinner were limited, especially the whites, but we always ended up with a satisfactory glass. As neither of us are beer conosieurs, the Heineken was just fine. Tequila, on the other hand was pretty miserable with the Classic. Rum based drinks were just fine.

Maybe next cruise and we will upgrade, but for now, we are good.

We cruised on Equinox the end of November. We had the Classic Package included and planned to upgrade onboard using our OBC. It turned out that we stayed with the Classic Package. I am a Bombay Sapphire martini drinker and had no problem having those made in the "Classic" size at the bars. My wife is a Tangeray and Tonic girl, again no problem. Our wine options at dinner were limited, especially the whites, but we always ended up with a satisfactory glass. As neither of us are beer conosieurs, the Heineken was just fine. Tequila, on the other hand was pretty miserable with the Classic. Rum based drinks were just fine.

Maybe next cruise and we will upgrade, but for now, we are good.

We had a similar experience onboard the Reflection last week. We were enjoying the Classic package and the days went by without any great need to upgrade. See how you feel once you are onboard. Have a wonderful cruise!

when you indicate upgrade for $11.50 a person, is that$11.50 a day or just a one time fee of $11.50 for the upgrade?

Looking to book and will take the Classic offer but will upgrade once on the ship.

thanks

We've had both the classic and premium packages on different cruises. We were satisfied with the classic package ... but once we had the premium package, we kind of missed being able to get the better wines and martinis.

I understand that the upgrade cost is $11.50 pp ... but you only have to upgrade one of them if the other passenger is happy enough with the classic options. Is this correct?

Also, if you do decide to upgrade, are you allowed to do so halfway through the cruise and if so, is it prorated so you only pay for the day you upgrade and for those days up through until the end of the cruise? Is there a cutoff date on when upgrades are no longer available?