Cold on deck at night?

TDinPA

Just returned from a "Western", (Cozumel, Belize, etc.) aboard "Valor", and as noted above, you needed no more than a light jacket, or perhaps a sweater out on deck at night. It did rain a couple of nights, so you didn't want to go out there on those evenings. I'd absolutely suggest taking a light jacket, or sweater. Maybe a sweat shirt. ;)

"SKY"

I always take a couple of sweaters for on deck at night. This is true even in summer. One November I got cold trying to watch a movie and put on 2 sweaters and wrapped a towel around me. Yes at least take a sweat jacket for this time of year, heavier if you tend to be a little cold natured.

We cruise in January frequently and you shouldn't need a heavy jacket. I do usually bring a hoodie of some sort. Something light weight so that if I'm out on deck for an extended period of time, such as watching a movie, I don't get chilly. But it's never been heavy jacket weather for us. I just get cold easily and I don't like having my arms exposed if it's breezy at night.

Anyone just back from a cruise? Was it cold or chilly out on deck at night? I'm leaving Thursday on the Sensation and was wondering if I'll need a heavier jacket. Thanks.

Could just be me, but the only time I needed a jacket is when we cruised out of Baltimore on the Pride and we came back to 18 inches of snow. Other than that no jacket needed.

The highs in Port C look to be upper 70's with lows in the high 60s. Weather in the Bahamas looks slightly warmer with highs in the low 80's and lows about 75. I would certainly need a cover-up in the evening after sail away due to the chill from the wind and might throw something on depending on humidity in the Bahamas.