Getaway Opinion....it's good

roger001

Thanks for sharing your wonderful review and fantastic photos. I recently booked a cruise on the Getaway for a special occasion next November.. Then I read a lot of recent reviews that had nothing but really horrible things to say about the ship, the service and the food and entertainment. Some made it sound like a nightmare instead of a vacation. Was thinking maybe I made a big mistake and was considering cancelling until I read your positive review. I'm not too fussy and I don't go into a vacation looking for things to complain about either. Again, thanks for sharing.

• 3 weeks later...
Roger

I've only stayed in a mid ship balcony cabin

Considering deck 8 mini suite

Any concerns about motion that far forward? Sea sickness concerns

Although I would imagine being on a lower deck is better?

If the ship is pitching at all, the further forward you are, the more motion you will feel. But also as you said, for roll motion the lower you are the less you will feel. Fortunately, all the ships are very stabilized and the Getaway so large that the seas have to be pretty active for you to feel much motion. So , on our two Getaway cruises, including the deck 8 cruise, for us there was no discomfort from motion. But we also had pretty good weather both times.