Couple of newbie room service questions

perditax

1) Do I need to use the door hanger the night before and pick a time in order to get breakfast service? I ask because sleeping is a luxury for me on vacation and I don't always know when I'll wake up.

2) Where/how can I see the evening's MDR menu ahead of time to decide if I'd like to have it delivered to my stateroom?

Thanks!

Edited by perditax

To answer your 1st question, no you do not have to fill out the card and put it out the night before. You can call room service when you wake up and order however depending upon how busy room service is you may have a 30-45 min, maybe longer, wait for your order.

You can see the dinner menu after lunch outside the MDR, it my be on the TV but I have never looked. Unless you are in a suite your entire meal, starter, soup/salad, entree & dessert will all be delivered at the same time. Not a lot of space to put all those plates not to mention hot things get cold & cold things get warm before you get to them.

You can wait until you awaken to call in your breakfast order, but expect to wait about 20 minutes until you are served. I suggest you check with the room service department to see how late they are willing to serve breakfast, because it may only be available during a certain time frame.

As far as the MDR menus for dinner, you will see them posted outside the dinning room door shortly after lunch. You also have the option to ask your waiter to show you the next evening's dinner menu.

If you are a solo cruiser you could post on your roll call to find other singles with whom you could dine on occasion, so you don't have to eat alone in your room unless you wish to do so.

Thank you for the replies!

I do appreciate the kind thought with regards to table mates, but I'm an introvert who gets a bit overloaded with people at work, so I do enjoy my alone time. That said, my roll call seems friendly and I'm sure someone would take me under their wing if I get lonely. :)

To answer your 1st question, no you do not have to fill out the card and put it out the night before. You can call room service when you wake up and order however depending upon how busy room service is you may have a 30-45 min, maybe longer, wait for your order.

You can see the dinner menu after lunch outside the MDR, it my be on the TV but I have never looked. Unless you are in a suite your entire meal, starter, soup/salad, entree & dessert will all be delivered at the same time. Not a lot of space to put all those plates not to mention hot things get cold & cold things get warm before you get to them.

Suite passengers should realize that getting the meal by course is not an official perk, it really depends on how good your Butler is. There have been recent reports of of suite passengers getting their meals all at once.

You can also ask your Butler or Steward for a menu.

Getting room service from the dining room is also available for Lunch when the MDR is open.

Edited by dkjretired