Which beach is best for boogie-boarding (for 10yr old)

plum24

If you need to rent a boogie board then Orient would be my suggestion. You could check the Aquamania water sports website to see if they rent them at Little Bay.

If you have the Boogie Board Mullet might be ok but I think Orient has the best entrance and waves for boogie boards.

Thanks Karysa! We have a boogie board so Orient looks good!

How far from the port is it & $$ by taxi? What's the charge pp to be on the beach?

The beach is free just go to a beach club if you would also like a sun bed, food, drinks restrooms. There is a small fee for the chairs. There are taxi's right outside of the Welcome Center that will take you to Orient beach for $7 or $8 dollars ea person.

Its just 20 minutes from the ship and a little longer to get because of traffic.

Here is where I like to go but there are other Beach Clubs up and down the beach.

http://www.kakaobeach.com/restaurantkakaobeach_en.html

Edited by caribsun

The beach is free just go to a beach club if you would also like a sun bed, food, drinks restrooms. There is a small fee for the chairs. There are taxi's right outside of the Welcome Center that will take you to Orient beach for $7 or $8 dollars ea person.

Its just 20 minutes from the ship and a little longer to get because of traffic.

Here is where I like to go but there are other Beach Clubs up and down the beach.

http://www.kakaobeach.com/restaurantkakaobeach_en.html

Why do you like this place as compared to others like Bikini Beach for instance?

Why do you like this place as compared to others like Bikini Beach for instance?

Not much really, Kakao is a little more visually appealing. Bikini is also nice and right next door to Kakao. Check them both out from the beach side. Sometimes they have billboards with pricing.:)