2016 Itineraries Come Out When?

tymike

Hi all...

I just posted on Tripadvisor under Tahiti forums regarding travel agents. If anyone can help please feel free!

Thanks as always!:)

Looks like your post was pulled over there - deemed inappropriate. Guess we can't talk about travel agents there either.

I look forward to a report from TYMike on what happened over at TripAdvisor. Not sure TY's initial post isn't still there. But the fourth post did in fact get beamed up by aliens.

I look forward to a report from TYMike on what happened over at TripAdvisor. Not sure TY's initial post isn't still there. But the fourth post did in fact get beamed up by aliens.

Yes my mistake. Only the last post was taken down.

Yes my mistake. Only the last post was taken down.

Thanks (again!) all who are helping me with my travel agent search and my Tripadvisor journey. I love CC and all of those who are so generous with their time, information, and wisdom! :)

I'm so glad I have well over a year to get this trip planned!

Thanks (again!) all who are helping me with my travel agent search and my Tripadvisor journey. I love CC and all of those who are so generous with their time, information, and wisdom! :)

I'm so glad I have well over a year to get this trip planned!

I saw who answered you on Tripadvisor - you are in good hands

OP here...I don't know who cares but I do! :) I'm booking with Flight Medic's TA. I'm guessing I can't say why on this forum but if anyone wants to know, feel free to PM me through Tripadvisor on the French Polynesia forum.

Thank you Flight Medic, and to all who offered advice on Tripadvisor if you're on CC as well!

My original TA was certainly very nice, but overall, there were unanswered questions (such as 'how full is the ship' when we were choosing cabins), misunderstandings about insurance (TA told me I could book cancel for any reason up until final payment when I knew this wasn't so...and even reality tested that question to everyone on this thread), failure to inform me that my cancelling and re-booking in order to reset the insurance clock would cost me $200 (it was credited back after I was unhappy), pointing me to page 6 or 7 of the contract to answer one of my questions when she had only sent me two pages, inquiring on our second communication why I wasn't staying at the IC (which only matters because it affects the commission I'm sure), and not providing timely information regarding insurance exclusions for the policies that TA sold.

Finally, after posting here about OBC and everyone saying to go through TA, I quickly got an email from TA saying that they wanted to surprise (?) me with my OBC amount, and then told me what it was. As excursions are costly, this is important information to know going into the booking. The same thing happened with the cancel for any reason insurance 'pay by' question. As soon as I posted here about it, I nearly immediately (or next day?) got an email with the correct information from TA. I'm guessing TA was following my posts which quite honestly kind of made me uncomfortable.

So, there you have it. Too many things since July to continue worrying and wondering about. I've never used a TA before and as this is one of the biggest (and $$$) trips I've ever done, I want and need as much truly on point help as possible.

I will add that I so wish it had been different and that I didn't have to transfer the booking. I do feel badly because I do not like dissonance in relationships, personal or professional and I wish it would have worked out.

The story does have a happy ending though. I now connected with a TA who has done a great job in the three days I've been speaking with her. Couldn't have found her without CC! :)