2016 Itineraries Come Out When?

tymike

We can agree about the vibration being felt in the aft area. It even made the glassware rattle in L'Etoile.

As to deck 8, we found the staff access areas around 818 to be rather busy, and don't know if doors banging would be a problem or not. Perhaps a little further up the corridor would be better. We were at the end of the corridor, which was great because it was private, but we did get some motion being far forward.

As a side note, if you are balcony people as we are, you will appreciate that a B balcony is almost twenty square feet larger than a C or D balcony.

I guess the staff being there never bothered me. Abner would quickly open the door for me with his key if he saw me returning back. I would say hi to Ernesto or Francisco when I saw them in the Bar pantry. very occasionally as the door to the corridor was never open. As I said we never heard anybody once the cabin door was shut.

That being said even if they were there we view them almost as family and the staff are what draws us back.

As always, I begin with a huge thank you to all who are helping me craft what will hopefully the first of many PG cruises. I can't tell you how much I appreciate all your advice, opinions and experience.

While I hope to experience the same feeling of staff being like family (and it seems like I will) I am somewhat leery from a Celebrity cruise in a Sky Suite where the service door was pretty much across the hall. The banging of the carts and the door was truly pretty much the only downer to a really lovely cruise. Having said that, I will pass on cabin 818, but any specific cabin recommendations are truly appreciated!

Once again...so many thanks!

We stayed precruise at the IC Tahiti and post cruise at the Hilton (Moorea).

We weren't that excited about the IC Tahiti, but loved the Hilton.

We stayed 2 nights in a deluxe bungalow with a private plunge pool and two nights in an over the water bungalow. Both choices in Moorea were very relaxing which you might need after your wedding. If you want something special and if your budget allows it that is the way to go in my opinion. There are stand up paddleboards, kayaks for you to use (no cost)-small beach to walk on if you get the urge to get up off the lounge chair-ha

The balcony is nice to have if you are going to use it-- We enjoy sitting out on our balcony later in the afternoon and sometimes when we get home after the night's activities.However we are trying the 3rd floor in order to save some money, this time ---lots of luck with your planning

I have seen some people refer to the "standard" cabins as small or tiny. I believe that the smallest cabins are 202 square feet. When we looked at a mainline cruise we had to upgrade considerable to get a cabin that hit 200 square feet. In the industry this is actually a pretty good sized cabin.

I have seen some people refer to the "standard" cabins as small or tiny. I believe that the smallest cabins are 202 square feet. When we looked at a mainline cruise we had to upgrade considerable to get a cabin that hit 200 square feet. In the industry this is actually a pretty good sized cabin.

That is true but they appear small as a lot of the space is in the bathroom with tub. Also compared to the luxury lines, other than Crystal, the cabins are small. Very small sitting area and no walk in closet for example.

However they are very comfortable and well appointed.

You are so right. We've not done mass market, so are used to cabins that are much bigger than this, but we find this little cabin to be just perfect. So well designed and thought out. Love them.

I am in the minority as I like the Tahiti IC more than the one on MOOREA. Also most people on these boards when it comes to swimming and snorkeling prefer the Hilton. Emdee and I are the only ones it seems who love the Sofitel. It also is the most expensive I think. Wendy will tell you to stay at Les Tipaniers for an authentic experience but they don't have a/c.

Actually I wouldn't tell someone to stay at Les Tipes unless they understood what they were getting. No AC but we never needed it. We didn't have AC at the Manihi Pearl 15 years ago either, and also didn't need it.

We stayed precruise at the IC Tahiti and post cruise at the Hilton (Moorea).

We weren't that excited about the IC Tahiti, but loved the Hilton.

We stayed 2 nights in a deluxe bungalow with a private plunge pool and two nights in an over the water bungalow. Both choices in Moorea were very relaxing which you might need after your wedding. If you want something special and if your budget allows it that is the way to go in my opinion. There are stand up paddleboards, kayaks for you to use (no cost)-small beach to walk on if you get the urge to get up off the lounge chair-ha

The balcony is nice to have if you are going to use it-- We enjoy sitting out on our balcony later in the afternoon and sometimes when we get home after the night's activities.However we are trying the 3rd floor in order to save some money, this time ---lots of luck with your planning

Thanks so much for this information! Much appreciated!

Hi all, and Happy Holidays! I continue to relish and appreciate every post on this thread. Thanks to all.

So...now I'm thinking about Moorea vs. Tahiti for pre-cruise. Maybe the former would be better considering the proximity of the ferry to the cruise port. Seems easy, and we are planning on packing light due to the laundry package (yes.. I know... I say that now! In six cruises I've always over packed!)

What do you folks think about staying over post cruise? Will we feel like we are ready to get home after a few days pre cruise then a 10 night cruise? Or will we want to stay there forever and not want the trip to be ending when we disembark? We have no pressing reasons to return home (i.e., young children, jobs due to working in schools, or other things) so we could potentially stay a couple of nights post cruise. It costs $$$, yes? That is the only deterrent. Is it 'worth it'?

We are actually getting married in July, 2016 but will need to save for a year to take this trip. It is a second marriage for both of us us and we have five grown children between us.

Again, thanks to all, happy holidays, and especially Happy New Year!!

Post cruise always great. I hate leaving the day the cruise ends. So easy to get to the ferry to MOOREA. Don't think about it - just do it.

While I love pre cruise after the cruise all I can think of is coming home!

Oh my...so many first world decisions! I'm thankful that I can be making any of these amazing decisions at all and I thank you all once again for your expertise!

If you celebrate Christmas, enjoy tomorrow. If not Happy New Year soon!

And thanks again!

Oh my...so many first world decisions! I'm thankful that I can be making any of these amazing decisions at all and I thank you all once again for your expertise!

If you celebrate Christmas, enjoy tomorrow. If not Happy New Year soon!

And thanks again!

You are welcome.

Have a wonderful Christmas and an exciting 2016.

Hi again! I'm getting ready to email my TA to book our cabin. :) Any opinion regarding port or starboard?

Thanks as always!

I doubt it matters, since when the boat's an anchor it twists around in the wind. There used to be a sail-by of Taha'a at a particular time of day when the light is good, but I don't know if they still do that, or on what itineraries. In that case if one had a balcony one could be out on it. But it's just as much fun to be up on deck watching, I think.

I doubt it matters, since when the boat's an anchor it twists around in the wind. There used to be a sail-by of Taha'a at a particular time of day when the light is good, but I don't know if they still do that, or on what itineraries. In that case if one had a balcony one could be out on it. But it's just as much fun to be up on deck watching, I think.

I usually like to take my coffee cup in hand and watch the sail by Tahaa. They still do it on the Motu Mahana day.

Hooray! I got a confirmation email from the TA that she has reserved our cabin. However, she hasn't specified deposit. In addition, there is a 'honeymoon package' included at no cost. Any idea what this is, or if it's different than what's on the website?

Does anyone have a good referral for travel insurance? I've used Allianz before and may do so again for 'cancel for any reason'. Do I need to buy this in the next two weeks as the booking was made on the 28th of December? I seem to remember that insurance must be booked within 15 days of booking for 'cancel for any reason'.

Oh...and Happy (almost) New Year!

Hooray! I got a confirmation email from the TA that she has reserved our cabin. However, she hasn't specified deposit. In addition, there is a 'honeymoon package' included at no cost. Any idea what this is, or if it's different than what's on the website?

Does anyone have a good referral for travel insurance? I've used Allianz before and may do so again for 'cancel for any reason'. Do I need to buy this in the next two weeks as the booking was made on the 28th of December? I seem to remember that insurance must be booked within 15 days of booking for 'cancel for any reason'.

Oh...and Happy (almost) New Year!

Congratulations you have made the first step towards. Catching the PG Flu!

I think you may have yo book without two weeks but check with your TA as cancellation insurance is different. PG also has cancellation insurance.

No idea about the honeymoon package . Give PG a call and ask.

A happy new year to you and yours as well.

My TA, through the travel agency that rhymes with 'ahoya', tells me that we can wait on the insurance until final payment because we don't know airfare/hotel prices yet. Does that sound right? I've never had to fly to cruise and I've never done hotels pre or post cruise so this is new territory for me.

Thanks all!!