Freedom...were you able to get a fan?

watermelonqueen99

We had our first interior room on the Magic in October. It was horribly hot. After having maintenance look at our a/c and declaring it just fine and telling us that 72 degrees is the Carnival standard, we were able to get a fan from guest services. This kept the room comfortable enough for us to sleep in. We're sailing on the Freedom next month, and plan to request a fan. Has anyone requested and received a fan specifically on the Freedom? I've heard not all ships will have fans available. I will pack one if I have to!

I would pack my own...I never, ever travel without a fan! If I have to fly, I use a small, 5 inch desk fan...creates just enough breeze for hot flashes! If I'm driving, I bring my 10 inch vortex fan.....I never count on a fan being available. I also bring a long extension cord, since there is usually no outlet near the bed.

I would pack my own...I never, ever travel without a fan! If I have to fly, I use a small, 5 inch desk fan...creates just enough breeze for hot flashes! If I'm driving, I bring my 10 inch vortex fan.....I never count on a fan being available. I also bring a long extension cord, since there is usually no outlet near the bed.

We had an aft cabin on the Freedom and the fan saved us. I carry a 10" fan as well. I'm not sure of the logic in the AC systems, we've had cabins next to ours occupied by friends and the temp differences are amazing.

Edited by BallFour4

It depends on who you ask. I asked our steward and got a no. I called Guest Services and got a no. Then I went to the meet and greet where you meet the captain and officers. THAT was where I got some action. He took down my name and cabin number and a big fan appeared like magic 2 hours later.

It depends on who you ask. I asked our steward and got a no. I called Guest Services and got a no. Then I went to the meet and greet where you meet the captain and officers. THAT was where I got some action. He took down my name and cabin number and a big fan appeared like magic 2 hours later.

I did the same thing about a moldy hole in the shower wall on the Rhapsody of the Seas once. One viewing of the shower wall by the captain (who then took it to the cruise director) and we had a remodeled shower competed during dinner and the show.

Imagine that...

Edited by BallFour4

On my last Freedom cruise we did not receive one of our bags and it was after dinner. Being platinum, I called the desk several times asking about where it was.

Late in the evening we got a message to go to the Naughty Room. I started getting upset and was telling them we have no liquor in our bags because everyone in line was there for that reason.

They opened the suitcase and pulled out our fan and said they must hold it until after the cruise. The fan was a new, small plastic one that you clip on a desk or you can remove the clip if you want.

I pleaded with security but they weren't having it. When we got home I found this on Carnival website.

"Electrical devices such as fans, power strips, multi plug box outlets/adaptors, and extension cords (without surge protectors) are allowed on board when used with proper caution. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark."

We have no idea how it was determined to pose a hazard.