Anthem - restaurant reservations required

Hi,

We're new to RCL and I have a question about restaurant reservations. I heard restaurant reservations have to be made in advance. Is that true for the regular restaurant only or does that include the specialty restaurants? Is the same true for the shows? We'll be on the Anthem in May.

Thanks,

Susan

I was just on Anthem a few weeks ago. You are not required to book anything however you really should because restaurants could get booked up. That way you'll have a slot and you should find flexibility on board to change things as you go along, we switched our reservations a number of times (if the Royal app says somethings is not available go check with the restaurant Maitr D, they have tables available that are not online. For the shows you should book them, they get very crowded especially We Will Rock You, and get there early for good seats. Also book the North Star and iFly ahead so you don't have to worry about that once you sail.

What does your reservation specifically say about your dining? Anthem recently added a "classic" option which has set dining times, but you will move among the free restaurants on board (I read you get a schedule of where to go in board). I too am on the Anthem in May and this was not a choice when I made the reservation (I liked the Dynamic Dining as I had planned on eating at the paid restaurants) but my reservation now has me down for the 6pm seating, which I never requested. 8pm sold out.

Edited by Alter Ego

I was just on Anthem a few weeks ago. You are not required to book anything however you really should because restaurants could get booked up. That way you'll have a slot and you should find flexibility on board to change things as you go along, we switched our reservations a number of times (if the Royal app says somethings is not available go check with the restaurant Maitr D, they have tables available that are not online. For the shows you should book them, they get very crowded especially We Will Rock You, and get there early for good seats. Also book the North Star and iFly ahead so you don't have to worry about that once you sail.

How do you prebook the North Star is it under entertainment?

How do you prebook the North Star is it under entertainment?

North Star is an activity. Only on recent sailings has it been available for advance booking. (We were on the TA, where North Star was first come, first fly.) Dining opens up very early before the cruise for advance booking, and activities and entertainment much later. You should keep checking your Cruise Planner, as well as join your Roll Call, where others will be doing the same and may give you a heads up that something can now be booked (another good reason for joining the Roll Call).

Hi,

We're new to RCL and I have a question about restaurant reservations. I heard restaurant reservations have to be made in advance. Is that true for the regular restaurant only or does that include the specialty restaurants? Is the same true for the shows? We'll be on the Anthem in May.

Thanks,

Susan

You should definitely make advance reservations for the three shows that can be booked in advance (We Will Rock You, The Gift, and Spectra's Cabaret). That way, you won't have to wait on a standby line, and you know you'll get in.

If you have Dynamic Dining Choice, then you are free to eat whevenever and wherever you wish. It's still a good idea to make advance reservations, so you know you'll have something, but you should be able to make changes once on board. And the dining reservations will be available long before you can book entertainment, so you'll likely wind up juggling things around.

We loved Anthem, but I am not a huge fan of having to spend pre-cruise time booking meals and shows, especially when you can't do it all at the same time.

Have a great trip!

I am going Jan 25th. I was going to just wing dining on the Dynamic Dining option, but read that was a bad idea. I booked something for every night and I will change as needed. I booked all my shows, but was unable to book the North Star or I fly online. Royal Caribbean said you can't and they will announce bookings on day one on board.

I am going Jan 25th. I was going to just wing dining on the Dynamic Dining option, but read that was a bad idea. I booked something for every night and I will change as needed. I booked all my shows, but was unable to book the North Star or I fly online. Royal Caribbean said you can't and they will announce bookings on day one on board.

We are on the Jan 25th sailing and I just booked I Fly last night and booked North Star a few weeks ago. You may want to give it another try.