8 Day Carnival Breeze: St Maarten, Antigua, St Thomas, Dominican Republic

MintChocolate

I tried to post in the Breeze section but didn't see a button for a new post, so I'm trying it here. I have a few questions on this cruise. Will be sailing on Jan. 2. The ports are: St Maarten, Antigua, St Thomas, Dominican Republic (Amber Cove). All of them will be our fist visit.

1. DH and I prefer walking around independently and taking our time discovering new places. We don't care much about the beach but enjoy history and architecture. We're young and active. If we don't do any excursions, is there enough to do and see on your own in these ports?

2. How is the sea this time of year (early January)? Is it rough or peaceful?

3. I easily get sea sick but what helps me the most is carbonated water. I heard that you are allowed to bring your beverages on boar, but is there any bottle size limitations (we typically buy standard size of 25 oz.)? We buy it in glass bottles only, not plastic. Are glass bottles allowed? What is the limit of the bottles per person?

4. Are there vegetarian food options on the menu in MDR? Do they vary by day or are they the same every day? Someone told me that on their cruise to the Bahamas these options were the same all 3 days of the cruise.

Thanks in advance!

I tried to post in the Breeze section but didn't see a button for a new post, so I'm trying it here. I have a few questions on this cruise. Will be sailing on Jan. 2. The ports are: St Maarten, Antigua, St Thomas, Dominican Republic (Amber Cove). All of them will be our fist visit.

1. DH and I prefer walking around independently and taking our time discovering new places. We don't care much about the beach but enjoy history and architecture. We're young and active. If we don't do any excursions, is there enough to do and see on your own in these ports?

2. How is the sea this time of year (early January)? Is it rough or peaceful?

3. I easily get sea sick but what helps me the most is carbonated water. I heard that you are allowed to bring your beverages on boar, but is there any bottle size limitations (we typically buy standard size of 25 oz.)? We buy it in glass bottles only, not plastic. Are glass bottles allowed? What is the limit of the bottles per person?

4. Are there vegetarian food options on the menu in MDR? Do they vary by day or are they the same every day? Someone told me that on their cruise to the Bahamas these options were the same all 3 days of the cruise.

Thanks in advance!

You should post this in either the Carnival forum or the ports of call forum (or both).

Edited by Cuizer2

These are the screenshots of the Breeze's forum. I don't know how to make a new post there as there is no button for that.

Screen_Shot_2015_12_11_at_6_47_22_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2015_12_11_at_6_47_30_PM.png

You need to go to CRUISE LINES A-O and find the CARNIVAL BOARDS don't post on the Breeze forums as your questions will be answered on the general board. Here is a direct link http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

Also the PORTS OF CALL boards will help you with DYI excursions for each island.

Find your countries here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Edited by Sauer-kraut

These are the screenshots of the Breeze's forum. I don't know how to make a new post there as there is no button for that.

Screen_Shot_2015_12_11_at_6_47_22_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2015_12_11_at_6_47_30_PM.png

It looks to me like you did a search. The screen you are showing is the result of your search. There is no Breeze forum. You need to go to the Carnival forum and click on the new thread button.

Screen_Shot_2015_12_11_at_6_47_22_PM.jpg

It looks to me like you did a search. The screen you are showing is the result of your search. There is no Breeze forum. You need to go to the Carnival forum and click on the new thread button.

Screen_Shot_2015_12_11_at_6_47_22_PM.jpg

Misleading post - there IS a Breeze forum under Carnival Roll Calls, and there is a "new thread" button right at the top. While it is not general concerning the Breeze, it will be populated by people sailing on the Breeze - on your itinerary - they should be a good source of information.

Misleading post - there IS a Breeze forum under Carnival Roll Calls, and there is a "new thread" button right at the top. While it is not general concerning the Breeze, it will be populated by people sailing on the Breeze - on your itinerary - they should be a good source of information.

Also, if you go to "Carnival Cruise Line" , right at the top you will find all their ships named - click on Breeze, and you will see a lot of posts concerning the Breeze - all you have to do is post your question.

Host Walt - seeing what has happened here (and in other threads as well), perhaps the administrator/moderators might consider making it more clear that the threads at the top of each line's forum are the search result threads. So many times I see people commenting and they think they are sub-forums, which of course they aren't and it's why OP couldn't find a "new post" button.

Just a suggestion. :)

That is a roll call forum for people on a particular sailing.

It's weird. When I go to Carnival section, I see Breeze listed among other ships. But when I click on Breeze link, there is no "New Post" button there. These are 2 screenshots of the screens that I see:

Screen_Shot_2015_12_11_at_10_14_15_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2015_12_11_at_10_16_24_PM.png

OK, it really doesn't matter but I can tell you are frustrated and not quite understanding what is happening. The FIRST screen shot you have in the above post is for the general Carnival board. There is a "New Thread" button to the left, is someone wants to post a new topic.

The SECOND screen shot is what you get when you click on the link at the top of that same general board (from your first screen shot); it says "See posts about Carnival Breeze". See it is in red font? That's because it has been opened and read by you already. It is simply a list of threads about Breeze - search results - there is no "New Thread" button there because it's simply a list of threads in which people on the Carnival board have discussed the Breeze.

:)

OK? Hope this helps.