Does Carnival?

CrazieNCruisingGypsy2

Yes, I had a birthday! They just aren't that much fun anymore.......I mean....sure at say.....12....Birthdays were great....but once you pass about 30...or maybe 35....you just really start losing interest in them!!!

My birthday was VERY uneventful.....and that's exactly how I wanted it!

Yes....40 is getting close! I think really...I will be okay with that....mostly because....everyone....and I mean....everyone that I know....and hang out with...MOST of the time....is already 40....or then some....so I'll probably be okay with that...but still...40 just sounds weird!!! That's starting to get....real! Ya know! So....what happened to the rest of the cruise....haven't heard anymore?!?!?!

Day 5: Before we can do anything today, we have to go through immigration. It is set up in the Adriatic lounge between 6:15am and 8:45am. They told us if even if weren’t getting off the ship if we didn’t go through it then we would have to go to the immigration office in St. Thomas at a great expense to ourselves. So, there was no way we were going to miss it! I don’t know about you but spending the day in St. Thomas at the immigration office is not my kind of fun! It was actually pretty painless, you just go through and get a sticker that has your name, bd and says you’ve gone through immigration. You have to keep up with the sticker! You will have to have it in your hand or on your shirt so you can show it when going through security leaving the ship.

We booked an excursion through Carnival this time. It was just me and DH! We went snorkeling at Coki Beach. Come to find out, it’s attached to Coral World too! I think it would have been cheaper to get a cab to Coki Beach, but because this was our first time in St. Thomas, we didn’t want to take any chances. We absolutely loved this beach. The sand was so fine; it would just melt in your hands! We had left the ship around 9am, and I think we left Coki Beach about 11:30. When we got back to the ship, we showered went and got DS from Camp Carnival and then went shopping in St. Thomas. We were able to shop about 3 hours, which was great! We really liked the shopping in St. Thomas. When we got back to the ship from shopping we went to dinner in the dinning room. It was ALMOST empty! It was great though, we really felt we got super service every night.

After supper, we went to see Al Ramero! He was hilarious! He kept us laughing the entire time.

Then we called it a night. Unfortunately, this means we are on our way back to Miami! :mad:

We think St. Thomas has been the best Port we have encountered in all of our cruises! I think they should skip San Juan and let us spend 2 days in St. Thomas!

Day 6: Fun Day at Sea…we’ve turned around and headed back to Miami! I really want to stay on the ship forever, but they are going to make me get off the ship in 2 days!

A couple of things I forgot to mention: The coffee bar. I don’t drink enough coffee to matter, but DH on the other hand, has to have his Latte on a daily basis. He found that the coffee bar on the ship was better than Starbucks! He wanted one of the mugs, but waited to long and they had already sold of them by the time the tried to buy one.

On Day 5, when we went to supper. They had Key Lime Pie and Kuala cheese Cake. I had both and they were absolutely wonderful!

Since we are at sea today, it’s a real relaxing day. Plus it’s our second formal night. For some reason, I was really tired on this day and laid down and took a nap from 11am to 4pm! I barely had time to get ready for dinner! We went to dinner and then dropped DS off at Camp Carnival. We then went to the second Las Vegas style show. This one was Living in America. We really liked it too! I’m just amazed at how they can dance as well as they do on a ship that is moving! We got to see our DS at the show, without him seeing us. His reaction to the girls in Thongs was just too funny! After the show, we went to the Piano Bar. Boy, do they have fun in there! The Piano guy was just too good. He had the entire room involved. After that I went and took some pictures of the Grand Buffet. I didn’t eat any of it, I just took pictures. I then when and got DS from Camp. We had let him stay past 10pm, and it only cost us $7.50 for the hour and 15 minutes extra he was there.

Day 7: Our last day at Sea…yuck. I’m really depressed about this day, but I guess it’s inevitable!

We finally decided to go swimming today. I was supposed to take DS the day before, but because of my ‘nap’, it didn’t happen. So, we went to aft pool about 1:00pm and stayed until 3:30pm. The water was COLD! DS loved it! I don’t think I mentioned this before but there was a bunch of people of the ship from Redken, the hair dye stuff. Well, today, I got to encounter another rude person from there group at the pool. While at the pool, DS and I shared a lounge chair that a lady had let us have when she left. While sitting there, DH come over and was talking to us. He sat down after about 15 minutes in a chair that nobody had been in the entire time we were there. The chair had a Carnival Pool towel on it and nothing else. After sitting down and talking to us for about 45 minutes the Rude Redken person comes over and makes my DH move because ‘that was their chair’. DH moved with no problem. I noticed that when they lady bent over (because her butt was in my face) she had chair marks from the chairs by the tables. So apparently, she wasn’t only saving a lounge chair she was also saving a chair by the tables. It was after that, they bring a baby over and start putting Sunscreen on the baby and it just starts SCREAMING at the top of its lungs. Boy was it going to be interesting when they decide to put that baby in the COLD water! I finally got up and left after about 30 minutes of the baby screaming.

We went to dinner for the last time…too sad! We really liked our table mates! They were Super kids and their mom was really nice too! We had plenty of entertainment at dinner too! Komang had danced on the table the night before and he did a repeat performance for us tonight! He was just too hilarious! And Joe taught my son how to flip the spoons into the water glasses!

Tonight was the Victory Legends show. We had to be there early because we had bought tickets for the cruise give away. Unfortunately, we did not win! We were 3 numbers away! The Legends show was good! Hollywood does a mean James Brown. And Dana did a good job being Dolly! We really enjoyed the show. We then called it a night…our last night on our Balcony…too sad…

Day 8: Disembarkation…I just hate that word…why do I have to get off the ship? I don’t want too! Don’t make me go!

We got up early so we could have breakfast before they shut down. I think Breakfast was over at 8:30. It was cold in Miami so we then went back to our room to wait out the inevitable! We were on the 6th floor. They called ours last! It was really funny too, because they called 11 & 10 first then 1 & 2 then 9 & 8...3 & 4…7…5…then us! I thought the order was weird but I wasn’t in charge.

This is were it got frustrating…they really need to organize the bus system better. They’ve got all these people and nobody really telling you were to go or what to do. The Porters weren’t any help either. We finally got on a bus and got to the airport about 12. This for us was OK. Our plane didn’t leave until 5:50pm!

Just as a side note…we really loved our cruise and hope to go back soon. Would I cruise the Victory again? ABSOLUTELY! We loved everything about her. She really is a beautiful ship.

Great Review....all Good Stuff...sounds like you guys had a greeeeeaaaat time....and kept the right kind of attitude the whole time....to help ensure that that was the case! People saving chairs, and being rude...is ridiculous...but they sure won't slow me and my good time down!

Now then...what is up with this Immigration thing in St. Thomas?!?! We were just there this past summer...and we didn't have to do anything like that?!?!?

We totally loved St. Thomas too...and had a really good time there....but St. Maarten was my favorite place. I think it was just the day...you know...sometimes you just have one of those great days....where everything goes smooth, and easy, and like the whole world is at your finger tips.....that's the way our day in St. Maarten went....I totally remember floating around out in the water at Orient Beach thinking, "I am soooooooo glad that I am NOT AT WORK RIGHT NOW!!!!"

Okay...so back to that immigration thing....what was that?!?!

The only thing I know about immigration was because we went to St. Martin first and because it's not consider US territory. I had heard we would have to do that after leaving St. Martin, but wasn't for sure. It really wasn't that bad. They told us that since we did it in St. Thomas we wouldn't have to do it once we got back to Miami. We still had to show our Passports though.

St. Martin was great too. I could have stayed there or St. Thomas! I loved them both!

Hmmm....well...I'm confused! We didn't have to do that....we went to St. Thomas first....then St. Maarten...maybe that made a difference....anyhow...we didn't have to go through immigration anywhere....EXCEPT for when we got back to Miami....we had to go through the whole customs thing there....which only consisted of showing your passport...but it did take a little while....there were just long lines coming off of our ship of 3,000+ pax!

Have a good day....its time for me to head off to work...yippie!!!

I think that may have been the difference because we went to St. Martin before we went to St. Thomas. They did say it was a requirement of US Department of Homeland Security! In Miami, we were told we wouldn't have to show our passports again. But when we gave our Customs Paper to the guy he wanted to see our passports too. That was the pits because DH had packed his away...and we had 11 pieces of luggage we were trying to get around with! Fortunately, I had Mine and Ricky's in my fanny packs.

You are the WOMAN...Leslie!!!! See....I carry a fanny pack sometimes....too!!!! I know that it is WAY out of style.....and MY WIFE...thinks its dorky...but I don't care....it can really come in handy sometimes....so I'm NOT afraid to carry it....if I need some extra....pockets...or whatever....ESPECIALLY...like on a vacation!

Sorry....I've been away for a bit....the end of this week...was busy!!! As for Daytona...I thought it was good...mainly just because Jr. was in it...for the most part....he always had a chance of winning the thing...and he was always near the front...so that right there makes it a good race to me! As for Jimmy Johnson....(I don't really have any feelings towards him...good or bad....he's really kind of boring to me)...but all the cheating stuff going on...that does make you wonder a bit.....so in the end...I will probably start NOT liking him...but...Oh well...he won....at least it wasn't GORDON!!!! I am really a strong member of the Anybody BUT Gordon Club!!! And like I said, Jr. was in there the whole time....so that made it a good race for me! Now on to California....which will be BORING!!!! California is a boring race track!!! I would hate to build such an expensive and NICE place....but then it turn out to be such a boring place for a race! That track is just too big, too wide, too flat, too easy to pass, too easy to drive...it just turns into being a big long race of.....who gets the best gas mileage....and that's BORING!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Well...sorry....I have been really busy....as I'm sure you have too!!! Anyhow...just wanted to drop a quick line and say, "Hey!" Hope all is going well now after the cruise! You should be totally back in the old rut by now, Huh!!! Isn't that GREAT!!!!

Okay....write back sometime...to let me know you are still out there!

I've been busy too! I'm in the middle of buying a new suburban!

I guess I'm depressed because I don't have another cruise planned! There's lots I want to do but I don't know if we'll do it this year or next year.

I got an email from one of our table mates! I think that was too cool! I'm having my daughter help me do a scrap book on our Cruise too!

How's Pantex? And the wife? Is she ready for Spring Break? I'm off all week too!

Hello!!!! Leslie!!!! Ah...yes, the Wife and Spring Break....Oh, she is soooooo ready....I'm happy for her though...she needs a break!!! Teks...or Taks...or whatever you call it these days....was just a couple of weeks ago....and this past week...she got her scores....it went okay...but it is still a stressful...week. So...Happy Spring Break to the Wife....and yourself.....as for me and Pantex....well...its work, work, work! No spring break for me!!!! BUT....and this is my big BUT......(no pun intended.....at least....we booked ourselves....another cruise!!!! So NOW ITS MY TURN!!!! ITS A LONG WAYS OFF....BUT WE ARE GOING ON ANOTHER CRUISE IN SEPTEMBER....YEAH!!!!!

So that's my biggest....well...cruise related news!!!

We are going on the Conquest....(again)....we did the Conquest out of N.O....about 2 years ago....and we're going to do it out of Galveston...this time....this coming September....its going to be fairly affordable!!!!

So....how are ya...how's basketball?!?!?!

I feel for your wife! I hate that test! It's too much pressure on the teacher and the students! Hopefully, she'll get to relax over the spring break. And no, it's not WORK for me! I have the week off too! :) The kids and I aren't doing anything...we got our new suburban Saturday...Ricky has a dental appointment Monday...I'm having a spa party Tuesday...I get my nails done on Wednesday....and the rest of the week we have nothing to do! I am going to take Chanelle (DD) and some of her friends to the movies. That's our exciting week!

Okay, so it's your turn! How exciting! I guess with you going in September, you're wife is taking some time off of school? Are your/her parents going? That would be cool too! You'll have to tell me about the Conquest! Now where all does it go?

I just talked to DH and it may be a lot longer before we get to go on a cruise, he's looking at buying a Harley too!

BB was okay, we only won one game. We had like two or three good girls and then then rest are just there...it was a painful season, considering we never lost last year!

Yes, that Taks or Teks or whatever its name is now....is just wrong...it is way to much pressure on the students and the teacher! Its ridiculous!!!!

As for the Cruise....it will be the wife and I.....and my wife's sister, husband and their two children....and then my wife's (and sister's) parents! So there will be eight of us....and really....its no big deal....we all live here in Amarillo...(or Canyon)....and we do stuff together all the time....in fact....we've even been on a cruise before with my wife's sister and husband....(just no kids or parents)...but this time....we're taking the whole gang...and it will be fun!

As for the Conquest....well...you know...its just like the Truimph or Victory...but its just a bit bigger....its a GREAT ship too...probably our favorite. This cruise is a Western Caribbean....it goes to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel....like I said, we've actually done this trip before....but we're going to do it again....it is really a good trip!

And yes, my wife is going to take a whole week off of work! That will be strange!!!

So, are you flying in or driving? We flew to Galveston the first time and drove the second. We went a day early the second time and wished we had gone another day earlier.

I had forgotten you had said you went on the Conquest out of NO. You won't have to 'learn' your way around the ship then!

We haven't done much during spring break. Mostly Dentist appointments! I sure wish they would have left survivor alone this week!

First off....I agree about Survivor...it kinda blew this week....but if you remember...this happens every Spring Season...when the big NCAA Basketball - March Madness - fires up....there will be basketball on CBS next week too....meaning that Survivor will be on Wednesday night....which actually...is okay...because next week will be a real episode...but last night's recap...was a bit boring...it was too early for a recap in my opinion!

As for our cruise....we are going to fly down to Galveston. We just need to figure out which day.....and as for the Conquest....yes, we've been on it before...so yeah...I think we ought to still know our way around it! We loved that ship...it has a nice layout!

Hey...my wife....has just basically cleaned all Spring Break...and she's actually been soooooo bored...she't thinking about maybe teaching Summer School this summer...instead of having the whole time off! To which I said, "Heck YEAH....Bring Daddy some more money!!!!!"

A Harley?!?!? Not for me...I'd really rather take 5-6 cruises...in place of a Harley! Guys vary though!

Well...congrats on the new Suburban!

In the Rollcall Post...for our impending cruise...one of the other people...noted that our cruise was only 5 months and 4 weeks away! So...I guess I've got that going for me!!! LOL

Oh...but on a more serious note...I think this weekend...my wife and her sister are going to spring the big trip on her parents....(in other words...give it to them as a gift....since that's the only way we could get them to come....it ought to be a great surprise!) We're going to have a big dinner over here at our house...and my wife has a powerpoint presentation made up...that explains it all...and I think we are going to play that on the TV.

Archived