Breakfast room service menu - confusing?

tbmrt

We ordered room service from the Breakfast menu on two different days and received so much food that we were shocked.

For example, DH ordered 3 over easy eggs...Received 3 plates with 2 eggs each.

Ordered 2 sausage links and received about 8 pieces!

We were extra careful to fill out the menu the second day and still had the same thing happen.

Don't know if this was because of staff preparing meals or if Celebrity should make their room service menu a bit clearer.

Has anyone else experienced this?

You misunderstand -- you were't ordering two sausage links, you ordered two orders of sausage. Similarly, you put in for 3 orders of eggs. An order of eggs has two eggs on it. You got three orders.

If you want only two pieces of sausage you can try specifying that, or just write in one order of sausage and you will probably get three or four on one plate.

This reminds me of a lady that sat at the table next to us at dinner last year who told us how she wanted 4 pieces of bacon with her breakfast so she put 4 on the order form. She ended up with a "platter" of bacon (her description). :)

A very big platter in fact.

We wanted lots of bacon on our first cruise and ordered what we thought was 4 strips (usually restrain ourselves to 1 strip each) and were amazed to receive what looked like 50 strips that covered a dinner plate and was heaped high. We laughed so hard. Ate too way too much! Did not have lunch that day.

Edited by az_tchr

A very big platter in fact.

We wanted lots of bacon on our first cruise and ordered what we thought was 4 strips (usually restrain ourselves to 1 strip each) and were amazed to receive what looked like 50 strips that covered a dinner plate and was heaped high. We laughed so hard. Ate too way too much! Did not have lunch that day.

Thanks for the tip. Now I know how to order my "Plate of bacon" on next trip. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Can't have to much bacon

Room service breakfast is definitely the last resort for us, they never ever get it right, even when they are near the mark it is always cold and tasteless.

The only thing we will ever order is cereals and they even get that wrong.

Have to say that both times we ordered room service this cruise, the food was hot and delicious. Coffee also good.

I guess I'll have to read the menu more closelysince I had put down 2 people for breakfast, 3 eggs (meaning 3 eggs; not 3 plates of 2 eggs)as described in the beginning of this thread.

We had the opposite happen to us. Our one and only cruise (so far) was the Summit out of San Juan and there is a sea day first up. We thought we would have a nice breakfast on the balcony so when I filled the order form out we ordered 3 bacon, 2 sausage, etc... thinking we would like a little extra for our first meal. Food arrived right on time and when the server took the metal cover off the plate there was 3 pieces of bacon, 2 sausages, etc... All we could do was laugh. Fortunately we ordered 4 coffee so at least we had a pot to share. Luckily when we got up and started wandering around, the main dining room had a special brunch on so we went to that (excellent) and continued on exploring things. This was two years ago and I believe the brunch is no more unfortunately but we had a great cruise anyway.

That's too funny.

We love room service breakfast on port days to save running back and forth and I agree, you *do* have to be careful about how you order!

You also have to be specific in the dining rooms as well. We've finally learned (in Blu and Luminae) to say "no garnishes please" when we order an omelet or something because if we don't they will come with asparagus and mushrooms, peppers, potatoes, etc. on the side and that's (to us) not breakfast food and certainly not anything we want first thing in the morning.

Just have to learn the code I guess ;)