GloriaF - how was Hawaii and the Regal?

Coral

Hi Gloria,

It seems like you have been gone forever! I have been watching for you to return.

How was your cruise? What did you think of Hawaii and the Regal? Hope you had a wonderful cruise [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Theresa

Hi Theresa,

Thanks for asking! I could find no fault with the Regal; infact, I would have never known she was as "old" as she is. She is smaller, but we really liked being able to find our way around after just one day without consulting the map. The friendliness between passengers (because you see the same people over & over) was great!
We met some of the CC people onboard and formed real friendships, just like you & I have done after meeting on the Grand.

Hawaii was absolutely beautiful!! We were very lucky with the weather, and the seas were OK. The ship did rock-n-roll some, but we were never sick and loved being rocked to sleep at night. In Hilo, Kona, Kauai, & Maui we had rental cars through Budget for $28/day + taxes and gas used -- (I will do a separate post about Budget in the ports, as it was different from what I was told from the reservationist)-- but the car was well worth the effort. If we were to do this cruise again, we would still get cars but also have one in Honolulu. Except for needing to check on elderly parents and the cats, we hated to see it end.

We were gone 18 days with a one night pre- and post-stay in CA. I appreciate your asking and watching for me to return. Watch for the full review!!

Gloria

Grand Princess, Eastern, April 2001
Grand Princess, Western,April 2002
WE"RE BACK!Regal to Hawaii, April 5, 2004

Archived