Question about suite guests

milkman32

So is this low ceiling in the bathroom thing just on the "added" 1 bedrrom ATS or is it that way on the original 2 Bedroom ATS as well?

I'm not sure. I am assuming it is just 14330 and 14730. When we booked on the phone, they didn't even mention the height restriction.

That has to be a myth. There may be a disclaimer calling out the shower height, but they won't prevent you from booking it.

FWIW, I'm just over 6-1 and stood in 12730 and the shower was manageable

I was wondering! DH is 6'4" and there are times he has to hunch over in the shower, but I guess we have always considered it part of the package when we get the suites with tubs. Well maybe me more than him. But how much time does one really spend in the shower on the whole cruise?? I have never seen anything about maximum height for a room! That would be pretty interesting and create a furor on CC for sure!

I guess I need to be more aware of that. But to make a decision based on shower height probably needs to be postponed until we are not cruising with our 3 kids and have to take into account where they will be. And hopefully that won't be too soon!

Edited by cindivan

There is a height restriction as in they won't allow anyone to stay in certain rooms if they are above a certain height?

You can book the room, but when I emailed them and they confirmed that there is a height restriction, they told me to call in and try to find an alternate room as my husband would be uncomfortable.

Apparently, the ceilings are 6'7 and the bathtub to ceiling is 6'3. My husband is 6'4, almost 6'5.

That has to be a myth. There may be a disclaimer calling out the shower height, but they won't prevent you from booking it.

FWIW, I'm just over 6-1 and stood in 12730 and the shower was manageable

I really think this is just for 14330 and 14730. I wasn't under the impression it was for other rooms. But you can definitely book the room..

I was wondering! DH is 6'4" and there are times he has to hunch over in the shower, but I guess we have always considered it part of the package when we get the suites with tubs. Well maybe me more than him. But how much time does one really spend in the shower on the whole cruise?? I have never seen anything about maximum height for a room! That would be pretty interesting and create a furor on CC for sure!

I guess I need to be more aware of that. But to make a decision based on shower height probably needs to be postponed until we are not cruising with our 3 kids and have to take into account where they will be. And hopefully that won't be too soon!

This is the exact wording in the email: Stateroom 14330 has height restrictions advising that maximum height of 5'9" requested for guest due to low ceiling height.

Dimensions of the stateroom are:

Bath to ceiling 6'3"

Floor to ceiling 6'7"

We just felt it was too much money to spend for him to be hunched over in the shower or hitting the ceiling if he needed to scratch his head!:D

This is the exact wording in the email: Stateroom 14330 has height restrictions advising that maximum height of 5'9" requested for guest due to low ceiling height.

Dimensions of the stateroom are:

Bath to ceiling 6'3"

Floor to ceiling 6'7"

We just felt it was too much money to spend for him to be hunched over in the shower or hitting the ceiling if he needed to scratch his head!:D

5'9"?

Why do you need 6" clearence in a shower?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I received a Survey Monkey questionnaire from RCL that is a Star Class pre-cruise questionnaire. The questions are very interesting to say the least. Has anyone else recieved this yet and how did you answer the questions? DId you answer them as cruise specific or in general. It appears they are trying to get a general stamp on what your party is like. Here are a few of examples:

1. WHAT WOULD CONSTITUTE A "PERFECT" DAY FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY?
  2. WHAT IS THE BEST SURPRISE YOUR FAMILY HAS EVER HAD?
  3. GIVEN THE CHOICE OF ANYONE IN THE WORLD, THROUGHOUT HISTORY, WHOM WOULD YOU WANT AS A DINNER GUEST OR GUESTS?
  4. NAME THREE THINGS THAT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY LOVES DOING TOGETHER WHILE ON VACATION.

These are just four but...you can tell they are asking some interesting questions