Staggered Check In

R&S

As we were completing our Online check-in for our upcoming Freedom cruise we noticed we had to select a time we would be arriving. It looks like Galveston now has a staggered check in process. Being platinum it won't affect us, but I am letting our friends know to try and get a time in the morning so we can ride to the pier together and board at a similar time.

Has anyone had experience with this new boarding process? Here is the information I found on Carnivals website.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3180/~/staggered-check-in-faqs

Let us know how this is working out for people in Galveston.

As we were completing our Online check-in for our upcoming Freedom cruise we noticed we had to select a time we would be arriving. It looks like Galveston now has a staggered check in process. Being platinum it won't affect us, but I am letting our friends know to try and get a time in the morning so we can ride to the pier together and board at a similar time.

Has anyone had experience with this new boarding process? Here is the information I found on Carnivals website.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3180/~/staggered-check-in-faqs

Let us know how this is working out for people in Galveston.

Friends got off Freedom last Sat sd went smooth, even if P/D u still pick time.

It seems as though I read on JH's page they were trying this out in Galveston. I haven't experienced it yet and don't like the sounds of it. I like to get to the port on my time. One our next cruise, we will be Platinum, so it won't affect us either. :cool::D:cool:

I boarded in Galveston on Dec 5th. They are enforcing the time listed on your boarding pass. Please remember this is to check in only. Boarding will still wait until everyone has debarked and then weddings, diamond, platinum and FTTF.

Even if you have priority boarding you must pick a time.

You can hand off your luggage with a porter but are not allowed to enter the building until your designated time.

To R&S I realize you work hard to earn that Platinum status but you do have the option of just entering the building at the same time as your friends. You will be checking in at a different location and can either wait with them or meet them on board.

etwright you are correct it doesn't effect platinum but I also don't see them trying to do this overseas either. So you should be good.

We were actually on the first cruise they started this on. We chose 11-11:30. Due to traffic we actually got to the terminal about ten minutes late, at 11:40. They do check to be sure you aren't early, they will turn you away. But if you are on time or late you will just get in line and go through security and then final check in. My entire office at work was going on this cruise and not one person had a problem (and there were many different times people chose to check in). It was fast and easy.

Were on the Triumph Dec. 5 and it worked great. Had 11-11:30, got there at noon. Went right in. The worst line was for security as it appears people don't know what articles of clothing have metal on them. After security, my wife and I went in the platinum line and my kid's went in the regular line and they were actually checked in before us!