Coxen Hole NCL tendering question

NMLady

On the Jewel we have always docked, right next to the small shopping area.

I thought all NCL docked. Easy walk to/from.

We will be on the Jade in April and several of the threads in NCL forum have mentioned that the Jade always tenders in Roatan. Our itinerary doesn't show that, but it also doesn't show T for Harvest Caye either and I don't think there will be a dock there.

When a ship tenders at Roatan, where is the tender pier in relation to that small marketplace?

What is near the tender pier?

Edited by NMLady

Haven't been when an NCL tenders in to port (we were waived off due to winds the one time that was supposd to happen!)

But, from the port's facebook photo, it appears all ships are fairly close so I would assume the tenders dock at the port, near the shops.

12346356_937613409656446_7067080259056172166_n.jpg?oh=70f038c6b9ae394ad3d70edf9dc17fbc&oe=571EA669

Have you asked on the NCL forum??

We have not been there since the shops were built but the tenders looked like they went to the front of the pier close to the where the shops are now

The shops were under construction last time we docked there

It appears there'll be 5 ships in Roatan the day you are there. 3 in Coxen Hole, 2 in Mahogany Bay. It'll probably depend on when each of the 3 ships arrive in Coxen Hole as to which one gets the pier and which tender. But if your itinerary from the cruise line says tender, then that's probably what will happen. Short tender ride though.

Even if your ship is scheduled to tender in Coxen Hole, it may arrive early, let as many passengers off as possible, and then move out of the way of the other ship coming in that is scheduled to dock.

I was on the Dawn in early December and we didn't dock until 9 a.m.; we learned later the other Norwegian ship docked much earlier to disembark passengers and then moved. But they move right next to the docked ship; so the tender is literally just a ride around the ship that is docked.

Hope that makes sense.

Even if your ship is scheduled to tender in Coxen Hole, it may arrive early, let as many passengers off as possible, and then move out of the way of the other ship coming in that is scheduled to dock.

I was on the Dawn in early December and we didn't dock until 9 a.m.; we learned later the other Norwegian ship docked much earlier to disembark passengers and then moved. But they move right next to the docked ship; so the tender is literally just a ride around the ship that is docked.

Hope that makes sense.

Yep, makes sense. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
It appears there'll be 5 ships in Roatan the day you are there. 3 in Coxen Hole, 2 in Mahogany Bay. It'll probably depend on when each of the 3 ships arrive in Coxen Hole as to which one gets the pier and which tender. But if your itinerary from the cruise line says tender, then that's probably what will happen. Short tender ride though.

Where do you find this information out? Im going on the NCL Getaway in October and was curious how many ships are in each port when I go.

• 2 weeks later...