Staggered embarkation coming to NOLA

Indytraveler83

Thanks. We cruise on the 24th from NOLA on the Dream. We have FTTF so I know it won't impact us this time, but wondering what do people do that get "turned away" for showing up early? I am only referring to NOLA because this is the only port we've sailed from.

Guessing they can return to their parked cars and sit or is there someplace closer to sit?:confused: ...or are they even allowed in to park?

Check-in windows will be strictly enforced so that we can minimize wait times in the terminal. Guests who are part of our Priority Program (Diamond, Platinum and suites), have purchased transfers with Carnival or “Faster to the Fun” must still select a window online, but are invited to come at their leisure, up to one (1) hour prior to sailing. Departure times can be found on your boarding pass.

Now one of the most asked questions with this is:

If I am traveling with other cabins and we have different check-in times, can we still check-in together?

The answer is to please go back to the On-Line check in tool to select a window that fits everyone’s needs. Otherwise, check-in windows will be strictly enforced and guests will only be allowed in the terminal according to their assigned time

And yes, VFIP, Faster to the Fun guests can board at their leisure.

We will be moving to staggered embarkation in other home ports to and while I don’t have a specific date yet for those I will of course let you know.

Thanks. We cruise on the 24th from NOLA on the Dream. We have FTTF so I know it won't impact us this time, but wondering what do people do that get "turned away" for showing up early? I am only referring to NOLA because this is the only port we've sailed from.

?

Thanks for letting us know. We are the same as katmike . We are sailing on the Dream January 24 and have the FTTF. So we should be ok.

Does anyone know exactly where we go online to select a time?

After booking when you do your online check in, there will be an option for you to select a check in time. If you have already done the online check in, you can go back into it and select one.

So is it my understanding that check-in times are NOT determined during booking but during online check-in? So it is important to do your check-in ASAP in order to get your preferred time? This will be important for future cruises since we always sail out of Nola.

Agree with you 100%. By far the worst port we have ever embarked at. A Zoo.

Where will they hold the early arrivals until their time slot? not let them into parking garage?

We arrive after the doors open, anywhere between 1:30-12:30 and haven't had an issue in Long Beach. Get there before the doors open and it is a giant $&&$@&$.

Ahh, but not everyone takes that tack, hence the problem.;) I do understand that everyone wants to begin their cruise vacation as soon as they can, we have that same inclination (maybe when that feeling stops, we won't cruise so much:(). The point is that the system is broken and Carnival is trying to correct it. The process will run smoother and thus a better vacation experience for everyone.

Yeah, for me I just went to edit online check in and it was over to the left.

Do you do it as part of check in, or is it something you can do separately? We usually don't check in until cruise is paid in full, but want to be able to choose our check in times.

Going to be interesting when they do this in Long Beach.

Long Beach is a perfect example of a port that def needed to have this working.

Oh I hope they do it in Long Beach soon. Have a cruise the end of Feb 16 and would love for this to be in place.

If or when it comes to Florida ports if I book a cruise and FTTF is sold out and they want to give me a check in time after 1 pm then I would cancel. I'm not driving all day to get to a port to sit and wait. You have to leave earlier than the trip would take to account for car trouble, flat tires, etc. and praying all goes well and you get there a few hours ahead of time why in the world should you sit around and wait. I won't. But even now with FTTF they say you have priority and send you an email saying show up at 1:30..:rolleyes: um NO ..I just gave you 50 or 60 bucks..I'm showing up when I get there and boarding as soon as possible. It's not being rude or mean..I just have expectations....and waiting forever isn't an expectation I have.

If or when it comes to Florida ports if I book a cruise and FTTF is sold out and they want to give me a check in time after 1 pm then I would cancel. I'm not driving all day to get to a port to sit and wait. You have to leave earlier than the trip would take to account for car trouble, flat tires, etc. and praying all goes well and you get there a few hours ahead of time why in the world should you sit around and wait. I won't. But even now with FTTF they say you have priority and send you an email saying show up at 1:30..:rolleyes: um NO ..I just gave you 50 or 60 bucks..I'm showing up when I get there and boarding as soon as possible. It's not being rude or mean..I just have expectations....and waiting forever isn't an expectation I have.

How do you feel about flying.......if I have to drive all day to get to an airport can I demand they allow me to get onto the airplane when I arrive because after all I bought the ticket.

Or how about when I go to an amusement park that allows season ticket holders in first. If I drove all day I want to go in when I get there not at my alloyed time.

My point is, Carnival is doing this because it should of always been done this way. Times should of always been adhered too. If you want an early time book early, pay it off sooner and get an earlier time. It's that simple.

Everyone that reads these boards knows that Carnival has been attempting for well over a year to get people to voluntarily stagger their boarding times and to not hit the pier in droves at 9am. Everyone also knows that the consensus on these boards was "what the hey, Carnival ain't going to tell me when I can start my vacation". And now, everyone has to pay the piper because of those who have been conspicuously self centered in the past and figured that nothing would come from them "ignoring" Carnival's earlier requests. Guess Peeps are getting their just rewards.

According to your signature, you already have two cruises out of Jacksonville booked. So either you have fttf or you know already to be on the lookout to see if it's implemented by the time you sail so you can go ahead and pick your check-in time, or you're about to cancel. There is no reason why anyone that knows about the process should be complaining. You have a heads up. JH has already stated that this is going to be rolled out and that times will be strictly enforced. I can see people who have no earthly clue and will find out the hard way, but you're amongst the ones that's already booked and aware of the policy. I don't understand why you would contemplate cancelling.

The old emails were sent to everyone. They didn't weed out those with FTTF. Regardless it didn't work. Most didn't listen and ignored it. It was funny to be so dismissive. Me, me, me. Well....hence the new process.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

I started a new thread not realizing this one was started but for those of you who have already selected your times does it only show up on one boarding pass or both for the cabin? Thanks

Yes, it only shows up on one boarding pass. Everyone else listed on your booking number will have dashes.