Embassy Suites Question

lawgeek

I am looking at booking the ES on 17th. I had originally booked the Ramada airport, but was dissuaded by comments hereon!

We arrive at FLL at 10:30 pm Christmas night. The website is trying to upsell to a room that has access to the "snack center." Does anyone know what this is? I am interested because we will be arriving late and not had dinner (unless I buy boxes on the plane!) and given the day/hour I would not anticipate anything being open. If we had a few snacks it might tide us over until morning! The cost is $40 more for the room, but you also get a Keurig in the room for morning coffee as well. If anyone has stayed at this ES or other and had access to snack center, please let me know what was there and possibly explain it better than their website!

I am looking at booking the ES on 17th. I had originally booked the Ramada airport, but was dissuaded by comments hereon!

We arrive at FLL at 10:30 pm Christmas night. The website is trying to upsell to a room that has access to the "snack center." Does anyone know what this is? I am interested because we will be arriving late and not had dinner (unless I buy boxes on the plane!) and given the day/hour I would not anticipate anything being open. If we had a few snacks it might tide us over until morning! The cost is $40 more for the room, but you also get a Keurig in the room for morning coffee as well. If anyone has stayed at this ES or other and had access to snack center, please let me know what was there and possibly explain it better than their website!

It sounds like that may be their club floor. Snacks are usually put away by 10:30 at night.

There will be some restaurants open. The Floridian on Las Olas serves 24/7.

We have stayed at the 17th Street Embassy Suites on the "club floor" during our last trip. The snacks they refer to are out of a vending machine which takes a code you enter - the code is provided to you at check in.

The snacks include peanut butter crackers, potato chips, candy bars, OJ, soda, those types of things. Only you can decide if it is worth the $40 upcharge.

Thanks NFCU! That was what I figured they were talking about. Not really worth it for the less than 12 hours we will have the room. Not even worth the Honors Points they would upgrade it for. Took the $25 transportation upgrade instead. That takes one less worry off the table (actually two since it includes airport to hotel and hotel to ship!)

When ever I have a late arriving flight I pack some snacks in my checked luggage. But, I sure some of the local places will be open, my favorite is Duffy's located behind the hotel.

Arriving on December 26 for two nights and plan on going to Duffys with my family of 11 on December 27 day prior to our Indy cruise on RCCL.

Thanks for this post!