Medications

travelhelp

Ve sure to get your influenza vaccination well in advance of any cruise.

Exactly. Not too many people die from Noro like Viruses and seems most of here worry and wring our hands about it.

Many people have died from Influenza yet that doesn't seem to register with cruisers how important it is to get a flu shot each year. Think in terms of the 'herd'. If we are all protected with vaccine (assuming no allergy or other medical reason to avoid it), we protect all around us.

Edited by sail7seas

My primary care physician has several patients who take long cruises. He puts together a set of scripts to have filled before we leave. I'm taking along prescriptions for two different antibiotics as well as medication for vertigo and pain relief. He knows which of his patients he can trust to use these responsibly.

Indeed, the physician knows his patients needs best. But there are posters here who will dispute that.;)

Indeed, the physician knows his patients needs best. But there are posters here who will dispute that.;)

His or, of course, her patients....... :)

My Primary Care is a female M.D.

But I agree it is troubling all these antibiotics being given willy nilly. That is not helpful in terms of these new super bugs that are drug resistant.

Edited by sail7seas

His or, of course, her patients....... :)

My Primary Care is a female M.D.

But I agree it is troubling all these antibiotics being given willy nilly. That is not helpful in terms of these new super bugs that are drug resistant.

Of course it's not, but some people will dispute anything that's said by a handful of posters because that's the only thing interesting to talk about;). My dr. has many, many patients. Maybe if a dr. has 10 or 20 patients they can remember every detail of patients life. That's not realistic for most people. I'm not a person that takes pills for every tiny ache or pain. I'm a big believer in the body healing itself. Others are more interested in popping a pill. So be it. Maybe that's the reason for chronic infections.

Edited by cruz chic

Some doctors do give out prescriptions.

Personally, not wise to let patients self diagnose themselves.

I've learned that should my wife or myself become sick while on a cruise, we really need to see the doctor and let the doctor determine whether or not antibiotics are required.

Keith