How far out do you typically book a Carnival Cruise?

A&Jfamily

How far out do you typically book your Carnival Cruise?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. How far out do you typically book your Carnival Cruise?

• less than 30 days
    • 90 days
    • 6 months
    • 9 months
    • 12 months
    • 18 months

For us, do to work schedules it is usually at least 90 days out. How about you?

A year to eighteen months seems to be about average for us. I think my current count down clock started at like 560 days or so.

Edited by sparks1093

Our current cruise was booked on the day that it opened up for sale (it will be about 18 months by the time we sail). But we've booked as close as 10:00am on the morning of departure! [emoji41]

For us it all depends. I booked a Havanna Cabanna suite on the Vista over two years ahead, a quickie out of Charleston on the Ecstacy about 45 days out, and an Alaskan cruise 8 months ahead ( although I have been planning it in my head for years:-).

We really wanted the itinery and the specific cabin on the Vista. Unexpectedly had some time off to squeeze in the Ecstacy, and the exact cabin we wanted came open unexpectedly on the Legend so we grabbed it while we could

12 to 18 months. This provides us with plenty of time to make small payments on a regular basis so when the trip rolls around we have no bill to come home to - we pay as much in advance as possible - gratuities, excursions, etc. - far less financially stressful for us this way.

8-12 months out. We only cruise certain times of the year because of work busy seasons and the lead time allows us to budget and pay it off leisurely over time. I wouldn't be opposed to booking further out, but we are in the stage of our marriage where we might be looking at having kids soon and booking a cruise 2 years out is a lot of time for our current childless status to change where we wouldn't be able to take the cruise and early saver is so restrictive in the cancel policy. It's entirely the reason we still haven't booked a Vista cruise.

Always 12 months out on our after Christmas New Years cruise (will book next years on Magic before we leave this year on Jan 2nd Valor cruise), it just works for planning time off and holiday events for the following year.

Any other cruise during the year typically 6 months out is good for us for the most part. :)

Edited by Drazil65