How far out do you typically book a Carnival Cruise?

A&Jfamily

How far out do you typically book your Carnival Cruise?  

155 members have voted

1. 1. How far out do you typically book your Carnival Cruise?

• less than 30 days
    • 90 days
    • 6 months
    • 9 months
    • 12 months
    • 18 months

12 to 18 months. This provides us with plenty of time to make small payments on a regular basis so when the trip rolls around we have no bill to come home to - we pay as much in advance as possible - gratuities, excursions, etc. - far less financially stressful for us this way.

yup! us too!!!

I kinda surprised at the results because most are falling in the year range and I would have guessed much less considering all the openings - except special crushes- that you can find 30-90 days.

Like others, I like to make sure we have a good room. I'm not feeling so bad about on a year out - thinking of booking for next Christmas while we are on board next week.

I usually nook about 6 months out. This time I booked just over 10 months out and it's too long. We had trouble finding flights and didn't know if it was because it was so far away or because it's reading week for college and university students in Ontario. We eventually bookd what we could get but they were very expensive and didn't want to risk them going up even more. Also the Canadian dollar has TANKED since we booked and this trip is costing us $2000 extra due to the drop in the dollar:eek:

Normally we book about 6 months or so out but for our latest cruise we booked over a year out because it's turning out to be a family reunion of sorts (niece's 50th birthday and sister's 75th). The closest we have booked has been about 45 days, that was for hubby's birthday because airfare was good for departure port. We always book Early Saver which is another reason we allow as much time prior to sailing, we also prepay as much as possible (gratuities, excursions, etc.) for a stress-free trip. :)

We typically book in the 10-12 month range, but I voted for the 9 months, because rarely would it be a full 12 months ahead of time. Generally, we book our next year's cruise within a month after coming back from a cruise...so if we sail at the end of January or beginning of February, we have our next cruise booked no later than the beginning of March.

• 2 weeks later...

This was a good question, as I was wondering what other people did.:) It looks like it is from one - two months, to almost 2 years.

I have a question in regard to booking a long time out, or just a couple months out.

Do you think you get a better deal, price wise (not room/deck) by booking it many months out?

This was a good question, as I was wondering what other people did.:) It looks like it is from one - two months, to almost 2 years.

I have a question in regard to booking a long time out, or just a couple months out.

Do you think you get a better deal, price wise (not room/deck) by booking it many months out?

We've only been on two cruises, both booked a year out, and the deals were 50/50. On our first cruise, we got a GREAT deal and through price drops, went from an inside cabin to a balcony for the same cost plus OBC. However on our most recent cruise earlier this month, we booked and the price just kept going up and up and up.

As I mentioned in my previous post, for us we almost have to book early to afford it. DH and I need a year or so to be able to make payments, purchase flights, purchase excursions, etc. We love cruising and it is a fairly low-cost option once you consider the alternatives, but we still need that time to pay on it. So, it's not so much about the deals but what is best for our budget.

For me it seems to depend on time of year. We booked the Magic pre-Christmas week while on board the Conquest last week. I got the 50% deposit but the rate went up $20 from Friday when we left home until Monday when I booked. Today it is up another $20. I got zero price drops on the Conquest cruise and thus am not holding my breath for this one. On past cruises over the kids' spring break which falls in early March, I have gotten close to $400 OBC at times due to deals.