Princess@Sea Instructions

floridalover5623

Hate to say it, but I am missing something ?

Does the app avoid the need for internet minutes ?

Conversely, if you use Internet and no app, are you charged minutes ?

On the Crown in October no app was necessary to use Princess@Sea which is a free onboard intranet system that does not use the internet for those functions (onboard account plus other things including like having a Patter on your mobile device, a texting function to contact other passengers & to apply for FCC deposits).

You can use P@S to sign in to use your paid internet minutes but need to remember to sign out.

On the Crown in October no app was necessary to use Princess@Sea which is a free onboard intranet system that does not use the internet for those functions (onboard account plus other things including like having a Patter on your mobile device, a texting function to contact other passengers & to apply for FCC deposits).

You can use P@S to sign in to use your paid internet minutes but need to remember to sign out.

I agree no app required.

I used the postcards last week on Royal.

That's good because they're fun to send.

I know how to find the cards but couldn't find them anywhere when using my mobile devices although I didn't try it using a Princess computer. There are apparently different software systems on some ships because the Crown had more functions than the Regal had last April.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I got off the Crown last week. I downloaded the app before I left home. I could not figure it out and went to the internet cafe for help. The very first thing they did was delete the app. You just connect to the ships Wifi, open a browser, and you are there! Their wifi will only allow you to go to their site.

I don't understand why they have the app at all.

The internet guy on a recent cruise told me they had the

app because princess wanted to make a splash announcing something.

It could be good ... if they would just polish it a little more

to add notifications.

I got off the Crown last week. I downloaded the app before I left home. I could not figure it out and went to the internet cafe for help. The very first thing they did was delete the app. You just connect to the ships Wifi, open a browser, and you are there! Their wifi will only allow you to go to their site.

Because people are app crazy. :p

Hi,

I just got off the Golden a couple of weeks ago and although I had downloaded the app prior to boarding, it was not needed. You just use the ships intranet (which does not use up your mins), and can send messages, check your accounts, check the patter etc. I found it to be pretty slow at sending messages, but it was good to be able to check the patter on my phone.

Trish

I just got off the Grand last week and used it to check my statement so I could correct errors prior to the final sea day and see the events of the day. We also used it to send messages to others on the ship, however, I didn't get notifications that I had a message. Messages were slow. But, I didn't use internet minutes and I didn't download an app. I'm pretty tech savvy but did have to go to the Internet cafe to get it to work right.