Dinner FLL

cincicruisers

Trying to decide on dinner for night before cruise. Staying at the Embassy Suites. Looking for great food and drinks. Would like some seafood and steak options.

I have the menus for Lulu, coconuts, and Kelly's. Any comments on these restaurants or other restaurants that you can recommend.

LuLu's is fun because it overlooks the ocean and has a vaycay atmosphere. Very casual as in your can wear a bathing suit there. Love their shrimp tacos.

Coconuts is VERY good but on the expensive side. Also on the water but on the ICW side and not the ocean. Overlooks Bahia Mar Marina.

Kelly's is New England seafood in a strip mall and is excellent.

Out of the three listed, Kellys has the best food IMO.

May I suggest happy hour at LuLus and dinner at Kellys?

You can Uber to LuLus and back and walk to Kellys.

Coconuts is wonderful, mostly shellfish with very little in fresh fish options. Nice, on the water, ambiance. If you are taking a taxi it is a ways from Embassy Suites. Across the street from ES at the north end of the shopping center (within easy walking distance) is Bravo Ristorante. In addition to a huge pasta menu they offer steaks, veal and chicken options...as well as a good drinks menu. Check the sticky at the top of the Florida Departures board for more ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE Coconuts. The staff feed leftover fish to the pelicans and they are very dog friendly (they'll put out a water bowl for fido). The food and service are good. I don't eat shellfish but I always find something good to eat there. I feel like I'm on vacation everytime I go. :)