beveridge pkg upgrade

rln44

We are booked on the Constellation this spring and as part of our deal have the classic drink package. Is it possible to upgrade to the premium package by just paying the $10 per day difference or would it be necessary to pay the full charge of $65 per day(clearly not worth it just to upgrade your wine a bit)?

I just upgraded my package for approximately $12 a day for my impending Silhouette cruise in February. Hope this helps....

Did you call or can you do it online? I'm cruising on Eclipse in February, and would like to upgrade. Is it best to upgrade prior to the cruise, or on the ship? Or is there no difference? Thanks for any help and info.

George

But do yourself a favor and give the Classic Package a day or so and see if you really need to upgrade. It really covers a lot. For example, in both the Oceanview Cafe (buffet) and the MDR the printed wine lists do not list a Sauvignon Blanc in the Classic's price point. I just asked for a glass of Sauvignon Blanc and was always provided one. They can't really print up everything it covers. So just tell the waiter/bartender you have the Classic Package and you would like _____.

If you do decide to upgrade you can do so at any time up to like the last 3 days of the cruise at a pro-rated charge. And you do not have to both upgrade.

While you might be able to do it on-line, Celebrity's website is so terrible I wouldn't risk it. Better to call and get a confirmation email of your purchase. But there is no monetary advantage to doing so beforehand. It will cost the same. But perhaps you have some OBC you would like to use up.

We are booked on the Constellation this spring and as part of our deal have the classic drink package. Is it possible to upgrade to the premium package by just paying the $10 per day difference or would it be necessary to pay the full charge of $65 per day(clearly not worth it just to upgrade your wine a bit)?

All upgrades from Classic beverage package to Premium beverage package will be $10/day + 18% gratuity. This includes all Classic beverage packages that were received as a result of a promotion, or those that were purchased (regardless of the rate that they were purchased at).

Thanks for all of the info. Personally, I upgraded my drink package through my TA. I have friends who will sail with me who plan to use their OBC to upgrade once on board.

I admit to having expensive tastes in drinks, especially in Crush/Martini Bar and Cellar Masters (as well as wine in the MDR). The Premium package is the way to go for me. Most folks will do fine with the Classic package, unless specialty coffees, martinis and a bigger choice of wines fits them.

Thank you, Celebrity, for posting on this thread! I can't wait to sail the Silly with you in 8 weeks!

I would recommend the upgrade if you want to explore the various Martinis at the Martini and/or Molecular Bar (Molecular was still there on Silhouette as of a week ago) and if you're set on drinking a particular brand of booze. Wine snob types found the best selection in Cellar Masters and would occasionally walk into the dining room with their glass. I also agree with the advice to try Classic for a day or so if you're unsure. Two members of our group stayed with Classic, and one was able to get the small Cosmos at Martini Bar on Classic.

Correct, you only pay the $10 diff + 18% grat = $1.80 = $11.80 per day.

We have done this our last 3 cruises, and it made everything worry free. Well except that the wifesters red wine was .50 over the limit :eek: and we had dozens of .59 cent line items on our final bill!:D

Oh, ok, I did have a few charges form the GastroBar for overages on my craft beer's!

Edited by wallie5446

Easy to upgrade on the ship or on the pier .... No difference in price, approx $12 pp per day

For me we always book with a classic drinks package included (offers 2 or 3 times a year in UK) and upgrade as we board ..... as others have said if you like higher end wines or martinis then one drink a day makes the upgrade worthwhile (if you received the classic in your package)

Did you call or can you do it online? I'm cruising on Eclipse in February, and would like to upgrade. Is it best to upgrade prior to the cruise, or on the ship? Or is there no difference? Thanks for any help and info.

George

Hi George! :D

It's the same price if you upgrade now or on the ship.

If you have any non-refundable on board credits you can only use them to upgrade once you're on the ship. If you do it now they'll charge your credit card now.

Also, if you upgrade now you'll pay for all 14 days. If you want to wait to upgrade after the first day you'll only pay for the days left in the cruise.

Looking forward to seeing you again. :D

I have seen references to people simply paying the difference for drinks not covered by their package; does that only apply if you do the upgrade? I have seen other people say that on the "classic" package, anything over the limits costs full list price.

Also, is it true that one person in the stateroom can get the upgrade without the second person being required to?

Hi George! :D

It's the same price if you upgrade now or on the ship.

If you have any non-refundable on board credits you can only use them to upgrade once you're on the ship. If you do it now they'll charge your credit card now.

Also, if you upgrade now you'll pay for all 14 days. If you want to wait to upgrade after the first day you'll only pay for the days left in the cruise.

Looking forward to seeing you again. :D

Hi Karen (H.M.)

Thanks for the information.

I'm counting the days. See you soon!

George

From what I understand and anyone please correct me if I'm wrong. One person can have classic beverage pkg and one can upgrade to premium in the same room.

Also the real catch... If you have a classic pkg and go to martini bar and order a martini and it's over your classic beverage package amount per drink you pay the FULL price. Not the difference between the classic and premium.

So if you have classic pkg and order a $14 martini your allowance with the classic pkg is $8. You pay the full $14.

If you have premium pkg and your drink price is over the premium allowance for that drink you just pay the difference.

I know could they make it any more confusing not only for the cruise passenger but it's got to be a nightmare for the bartenders.plus the cruise passenger having to go to customer relations to get drink charges straightened out.

Let me know if I'm right on this...

I have seen references to people simply paying the difference for drinks not covered by their package; does that only apply if you do the upgrade? I have seen other people say that on the "classic" package, anything over the limits costs full list price.

Also, is it true that one person in the stateroom can get the upgrade without the second person being required to?

If you upgrade to premium, you only pay the difference between the $13 price limit and whatever you order above that. If you have classic, you pay the whole thing, plus tip.

It is true that only 1 person in a room can upgrade. Both do not have to.

Edited by FKGirl

From what I understand and anyone please correct me if I'm wrong. One person can have classic beverage pkg and one can upgrade to premium in the same room.

Also the real catch... If you have a classic pkg and go to martini bar and order a martini and it's over your classic beverage package amount per drink you pay the FULL price. Not the difference between the classic and premium.

So if you have classic pkg and order a $14 martini your allowance with the classic pkg is $8. You pay the full $14.

If you have premium pkg and your drink price is over the premium allowance for that drink you just pay the difference.

I know could they make it any more confusing not only for the cruise passenger but it's got to be a nightmare for the bartenders.plus the cruise passenger having to go to customer relations to get drink charges straightened out.

Let me know if I'm right on this...

It's not confusing for the bar Tenders, the computer does all the figuring, spits out a chit with a zero or what is owed.

2 basic concepts,

Class covers up to $8, if you go over there is no coverage at all.

Premium covers up to $13, if you go over you pay the difference.

Edited by wallie5446