Personal vacation planner called me- is this new?

cruisedancemom

I got a call a couple days ago from a woman at Celebrity saying she would be my personal vacation planner. I hadn't booked a cruise yet but was about to through a TA.

I told her to call back in a couple days because I was on the phone.

She called back in 2 minutes and this time I didn't answer so she left me a long message saying she would be my contact for booking, questions etc.

I had called Celebrity recently because I had a question on a promotion I had received.

I'm assuming that is why this "planner" called me.

Just wondering if this is something new Celebrity is doing or have others had this call before. I know other cruise lines use personal planners but I didn't think Celebrity did.

Thanks!

I got a call a couple days ago from a woman at Celebrity saying she would be my personal vacation planner. I hadn't booked a cruise yet but was about to through a TA.

I told her to call back in a couple days because I was on the phone.

She called back in 2 minutes and this time I didn't answer so she left me a long message saying she would be my contact for booking, questions etc.

I had called Celebrity recently because I had a question on a promotion I had received.

I'm assuming that is why this "planner" called me.

Just wondering if this is something new Celebrity is doing or have others had this call before. I know other cruise lines use personal planners but I didn't think Celebrity did.

Thanks!

If you register on the site . They will assign you a Personal Vacation Planner . They will then make contact with you via email and a phone call.

When I registered with Celebrity I was assigned a PVP and was called within 24 hours.

HAL, Princess and NCL will do this when you first register on their site.

Even just receive specials on cruises.

I too have had numerous calls from a Celebrity Vacation Planner recently.

I always booked cabins through a TA, but quite often will put a courtesy hold on a specific cabin, then call my TA to book, and then will release the held cabin, so my TA can book it.

But this is the first time I have been called almost daily by a CVP.

I've sailed before with them and am registered on the site but never got a call. Maybe I just slipped through the cracks until now - lol

Thanks!

They changed the policy a number of years ago.

A Princess PVP is supposed to make certain number of sales calls and a number of emails sent to clients. Other cruise lines probably have similar requirements of their PVP.

I had a personal vacation planner for a while earlier this year after I booked an RS (it was a good price so snapped it up). I assumed that is why this person started calling and emailing me, but am not sure. At first it seemed nice to have someone I could email or call easily, but then it just didn't work out.

She was almost too pushy about reminders about things like adding specialty dining, excursions, etc., but seemed like she didn't want to spend time on straightening out the mundane issues on my other reservations (just my impression). One time I wanted to put a deposit down on a cruise that I had on hold and she didn't answer her personal number so I just called the regular Celebrity number (I needed to leave and the 24 hrs was almost up). While I was on the phone with that agent, she was interrupted and then came back on, asking if I had a personal vacation planner - I said yes, but that she didn't answer when I called. The agent said the vacation planner had called her while I was speaking to her and asked if she was speaking to me (she had seen my caller ID when I called earlier and tried to call me back with no answer since I was already on the phone with Celebrity). The agent said she needed to transfer me to the vacation planner. It was a little creepy to have her interrupt my call with the other agent and then I got mildly scolded by the personal vacation planner for not waiting to talk to her.

The thing that really bothered me was that I couldn't book dining, excursions, etc. on-line - that was locked on my reservation with her so I had to call or email her to add or change anything, which was inconvenient. I ended up ignoring her emails about offers, etc. and her occasional call so she doesn't call anymore (it may be that I've done all my own bookings on-line since and cancelled the booking I did with her).

Though the personal vacation planner is a nice idea, it wasn't a good match for me. With my chaotic schedule, I'd rather modify my reservations on-line and contact Celebrity when it is convenient for me.

They changed the policy a number of years ago.

A Princess PVP is supposed to make certain number of sales calls and a number of emails sent to clients. Other cruise lines probably have similar requirements of their PVP.

Why a Princess PVP for Celebrity? I have never been contacted by a Celebrity PVP for any of our Celebrity Cruises including our upcoming 3 April 2016 Eclipse Cruise. Also registered. Not complaining just saying.

Edited by davekathy

I was contacted by one when I booked my last cruise, and again right after I booked my recent one.

I told them "no thanks" - I like to take care of my own reservation and will call THEM when I need something.

Got a follow-up e-mail from this guy and have just ignored it.

It's like having an in-house (X) travel agent - like some have mentioned you lose control over your own booking and must always go through them. NO THANKS.

They are just there to beef up your reservation with add-ons (specialty dining, etc.) but I wonder how available they'd be if you see a price drop - if you can't call in when you see one and talk to "anybody", you might miss it. No thanks again.