Microsoft classes on repositioning cruises?

comcox

Does HAL have the Microsoft Techspert classes on every sailing? I'm considering one of their short spring repositioning cruises from San Diego to Vancouver/Seattle, but I would book only if these classes were offered as I need to learn Windows 10 before upgrading. Previous cruises with workshops in 7 and 8 were a great help as I upgraded to those programs in the past.

Does HAL have the Microsoft Techspert classes on every sailing? I'm considering one of their short spring repositioning cruises from San Diego to Vancouver/Seattle, but I would book only if these classes were offered as I need to learn Windows 10 before upgrading. Previous cruises with workshops in 7 and 8 were a great help as I upgraded to those programs in the past.

They had the classes on that segment of our cruise in April when we did the Panama on the Westerdam (we stayed on until Vancouver).

I see that you live just outside Seattle. Just wanted to make sure you realize that if you board in San Diego you must leave the ship in Vancouver. Under the terms of the PVSA (sometimes wrongly called the Jones Act) you can not board in San Diego and leave the ship in Seattle.

So back to the original question - to date have never been on a HAL cruise that did not have a Microsoft techspert class so hope that continues.

They were definitely on for both or segments (which including the re-positioning) and I agree, I have not been on a HAL cruise yet that didn't hae it.

I know but then some of the ships offer a one-day Vancouver to Seattle afterwards so it could be done as a B2B.

You cannot do it as a B2B; you would have to spend at least one night in Vancouver. I wouldn't worry about a B2B anyway, getting from Vancouver back to Bellingham is a piece of cake.

PVSA doesn't look at the individual cruises; it's the origin and final destination that count.

Roy

We had classes on our Boston/San Diego (Panama Canal) repo cruise. That was a longer cruise, however.