Which of the ship's staff is LEAST important to you?

flagger

So on the flip side, which of the ships staff is least important to you?

For us it is:

Captain

Cruise Director

Room Steward

If you didn't have a captain the ship wouldn't go anywhere.

I would have to say the aerobic/gym staff. I am on vacation I am not going to go to the gym.

So on the flip side, which of the ships staff is least important to you?

For us it is:

Captain

Cruise Director

Room Steward

Least important to me is the Cruise director, second to that are the dancers and entertainers, as we seldom go to the shows. The Maitre D comes in at 3rd place.

Annieeee

If you didn't have a captain the ship wouldn't go anywhere.
Well Duh. However the person driving the boat is of least importance to me. There will be someone there no matter what and it will not affect my enjoyment no matter who is command. Therefore the person with that title is of least importance.

Number four would be any bartender since I do not imbibe.

The chief purser...

loyalty ambassador....

head waiter (although we have been lucky to have AWESOME ones they really don't make much difference to the cruise experience).

Captain's personality isn't all that important to me. Captains are nice to talk with if you ever happen to see them, but not a big part of my cruise.

Hotel Directors are usually on the top of my list for good conversation. They are usually down to earth and not on the "power trip" most officials are on. They love hearing positive comments and over all seem to really try to make cruising enjoyable.

Ok, deep breath here.............the IDIOTS who work at the "Explorations" Desk. They never seem to have the SLIGHTEST idea what they are talking about or what they are doing. Since our first cruise, we do NOT do ship's excursions. (ok, the kids went kayaking in Halifax this August - hard to do that on your own)

Carol

Since we don't ever eat in the dining room, I'd have to say waiters.

Do you just not eat on the cruise? Because the wait staff from the dining room serves in more than just the dining room. They also serve at the Windjammer, and last I checked the specialty restaurants and rooms service has wait staff as well. Just an observation.

If you get your own food, do you need waiters?

The waitstaff still works in other areas of the ship, and even if you get your own food, they are still serving you whether you realize it or not. They are putting the food out, cleaning the tables, getting drinks. There are many things that they do. So yes, you still do need waiters even if you get your own food. Just like when you go to a buffet, you will have a wait staff.

Archived