How would you spend 2 hours in West Palm or Fort Lauderdale with 3 teenage boys?

basketballdad

How would you spend 2 hours... either in FLL or West Palm Beach area? TIA

Post Cruise we dis embark about 900 am ish in Port Everglades and have a rent a car and a flight out of West Palm Beach at 2 pm. So I figure be at airport at noon, 1 hour travel time... that leaves close to 2 hours free.

We will be flying that afternoon so don't want to swim.. we have been to 4 beach days anyway this past week.

Have 3 teenage boys...

We would have just eaten for 7 days straight... they aren't into art, people watching, ...

Maybe go see an alligator farm? Any ideas?

How would you spend 2 hours... either in FLL or West Palm Beach area? TIA

Post Cruise we dis embark about 900 am ish in Port Everglades and have a rent a car and a flight out of West Palm Beach at 2 pm. So I figure be at airport at noon, 1 hour travel time... that leaves close to 2 hours free.

We will be flying that afternoon so don't want to swim.. we have been to 4 beach days anyway this past week.

Have 3 teenage boys...

We would have just eaten for 7 days straight... they aren't into art, people watching, ...

Maybe go see an alligator farm? Any ideas?

Waterski?

http://mcski.com

You may be overestimating your free time. Whatever you end up planning I would make it in west palm so that you can tick off the traffic contingency.

There is a bowling alley/restaurant in city place which is about 10 minutes from airport. Search for city place for hours. It is called revolutions. Does not open until 11.

You have to take a shuttle bus from most of the rental car returns, even the ones in the airport so leave time for that.

Edited by EGG

Don't think that would work... have to change and shower some place to be able to fly all afternoon. And if someone got hurt that could ruin our flight plans

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Then consider

http://www.broward.org/parks/markhampark/pages/markhamparktargetrange.aspx

Edited by PORT ROYAL

There is a free and very interesting nature center in Boca Raton: Gumbo Limbo (http://www.gumbolimbo.org/plan-your-visit). It is on highway A1A between the ocean and the intracoastal about 4 miles (10 minutes) from I-95. I don't know what day you are traveling; if it is a Sunday they don't open until noon (other days at 9 am).

Now you are talking more what I would like to do. Issue is we live in the west. Own some and own acres to use them. Why pay to do what we can do for just the cost of shells at home. But yes thus talks to 3 teenage boys with 2 hrs to kill with family post cruise.

Now you are talking more what I would like to do. Issue is we live in the west. Own some and own acres to use them. Why pay to do what we can do for just the cost of shells at home. But yes thus talks to 3 teenage boys with 2 hrs to kill with family post cruise.

Then it has to be

https://www.k1speed.com/fort-lauderdale-location.html

And you can join in, to make the boys even more competitive to kick your butt :)