South America late 2017/early 2018

Gracie115

March 1st 2017 is available ... We are booked on an aft balcony!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that... I am looking for LATE 2017 early 2018 sailings...

Anyone have any ideas? Celebrity released those last week...

I am interested in 2018 South America leaving and returning to Ft. Lauderdale. Anyone know?

I don't think you will find such a routing on Princess. The 64 night Grand South America sailing next month is a one-off for Ocean Princess' farewell to the fleet. The back-to-back sailings of Ft Lauderdale-Manaus-Ft Lauderdale stopped a couple years ago, and with only Grand-class and larger ships any itinerary needing to go thru the Panama Canal is out.

I am interested in 2018 South America leaving and returning to Ft. Lauderdale. Anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know about the present Canal, but with the opening of the new one next year there may be a ship able to do that.

Right now there is a cruise in late 2016 out of Los Angeles to Valparaiso....on the Crown Princess....wondering if that will be an option same time in 2017

Right now there is a cruise in late 2016 out of Los Angeles to Valparaiso....on the Crown Princess....wondering if that will be an option same time in 2017

I'm not claiming to have any inside information, but since Crown Princess is sailing South America 2016-17 and then Europe Summer 2017 if it is Crown returning to SA for the 2017-18 season they could simply do the 'Three Continents Transatlantic' from the Med to Rio (which has not been done for several years) which would eliminate the need for a 2017 LA to Valparaiso reposition cruise.

Its unlikely Princess has decided yet for 2 years away whether to use a different ship that summered in Alaska for South America per the last few years or just have Crown return there from Europe. I doubt we will know sooner than next spring, if even then.

I'm not claiming to have any inside information, but since Crown Princess is sailing South America 2016-17 and then Europe Summer 2017 if it is Crown returning to SA for the 2017-18 season they could simply do the 'Three Continents Transatlantic' from the Med to Rio (which has not been done for several years) which would eliminate the need for a 2017 LA to Valparaiso reposition cruise.

Its unlikely Princess has decided yet for 2 years away whether to use a different ship that summered in Alaska for South America per the last few years or just have Crown return there from Europe. I doubt we will know sooner than next spring, if even then.

No need to speculate: Crown's schedule through Oct. 2017 was opened for booking on Dec. 3. Crown is returning from Europe with a Southampton to NYC TA and then doing the Canada/New England sailings in the fall of 2017.

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

• 2 weeks later...

We want to do an around the horn cruise in late 2017/early 2018 so I am following this thread.

Does anyone know if Princess has a larger ship in that part of the world most years or is the 2016 deployment of the Crown down there unusual for them?

I see Celebrity already has winter 2017/2018 itineraries announced for South America, but we would prefer Princess, so hoping to see them announce soon.

Edited by old sole