Carnival shares

cruisebore

Could the massive hike in share prices give Carnival an opportunity to scrap the OBC without doing to much damage to the long term share price ?

They can keep the status quo, as the more it costs to buy the qualifying amount fewer people make the investment.

Now at £39.10 - what's going on? Bought at £22 - thank you....

A good investment with cruises at least every year and the dividends. REALLY wish all my shares did as well!!

Lower fuel prices resulting in increased forecast profit for this quarter trading.

One of the reasons the share price is so high is because Carnival are buying back their own shares, they started a buy-back last month.

I doubt the on board credit will change as its the shareholders (as in cruisers) that approve it every March.

Edited by CCFC

• 1 month later...
Why has it fallen? Is it just in line with the general market fluctuations at the moment or any other reasons? From one who hasn't a clue but is tempted.....

Its hard to say but they dipped this time last year too.

You only have to take one 14 night cruise to get £150 credit which is a 5% return, plus you get around £60 a year in dividends,

As a shareholder you get extra OBC & a dividend, from the 150 pounds obc for a 2 week cruise I assume means about 75 pounds pw.

Does anyone know if this "bonus" is available on all Carnival ships ie Princess.

As you can tell I am not a shareholder but considering

As a shareholder you get extra OBC & a dividend, from the 150 pounds obc for a 2 week cruise I assume means about 75 pounds pw.

Does anyone know if this "bonus" is available on all Carnival ships ie Princess.

The benefit is available on all Carnival ships, ie. Cunard, Princess, HAL, Costa

etc. The amount paid depends on the length of the cruise booked.

Full details here

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item=UGFyZW50SUQ9Mjc0MjIzfENoaWxkSUQ9LTF8VHlwZT0z&t=1

Brian

I assume means about 75 pounds pw.
??

The shareholder credit comes from Carnival Corp, not Carnival Cruise lines. It is good across all cruise lines under the CCL umbrella. (Princess, HAL, P&O, Carnival, Aida, Seybourn, etc)

The shareholder credit is granted on a per cabin basis, one per cabin. Amount varies by length of voyage. Spelled out in detail at phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Two shareholders or more in the same cabin will only be allowed one shareholder cabin credit. There is no 1/2 credit for a cabin with a shareholder and a non-shareholder in the same cabin.

Edited by thinfool

I wondered that as well, probably unless the person who issues it is notified of sales, which seems unlikely.

Claiming OBC on false pretences though :)

Won't be claiming on false pretences - as long as you have applied for OBC once final balance is paid, then you are free to sell if you wish - you have proof of ownership at that point of application :)

We bought our shares when they were low (£11.48) and have probably had our money back 3 times over at least!! - think I will just go and work it out lol :)