Carnival shares

cruisebore

All time high today at £35.07. No doubt due to lower fuel costs. I wonder if they will give extra OBC to their clients to reflect this. They were quick enough to to increase prices when fuel costs rose

Cb

Well the divi is up by about 20 to 25%

Was thinking of getting shares, can I ask those with shares are you glad you bought them and is it worthwhile?

Thanks for any info.

I suppose it depends what price you brought them at, how many you own and how often you cruise. They have seen quite a rise in the last couple of years and as with all shares they can go down as well as up.

I suppose it depends what price you brought them at, how many you own and how often you cruise. They have seen quite a rise in the last couple of years and as with all shares they can go down as well as up.

Just 100 - no more, no less

Was thinking of getting shares, can I ask those with shares are you glad you bought them and is it worthwhile?

Thanks for any info.

We bought at £25.00 total cost £2500. We cruise a lot and have had returns on our investment of over 25% in some years with OBC and dividend. Even if you only cruise once a year at today's price you should get a return of 7 to 8% which is not bad in these days of very low interest.

As others have said even at todays price if you do 1 or more 14 day cruises a year, at £150 OBC per cruise plus dividends, they offer a far better return than just about all current savings accounts.:)

However they are at an all time high and share prices do go up and down in cycles and its been pointed out that the oil price is very low at present, so you might be prudent to wait for the next downturn, of course it might not come until the price reaches £40 and even then it may not go below £35.:(

Shareholding really is a gamble, you just have to make up your own mind whether the price is right for you. :confused:

But I doubt you will better my luck, I placed my buy order the day before Costa Concordia sank, as a result instead of paying £23, I paid £18.90. :D

As others have said even at todays price if you do 1 or more 14 day cruises a year, at £150 OBC per cruise plus dividends, they offer a far better return than just about all current savings accounts.:)

However they are at an all time high and share prices do go up and down in cycles and its been pointed out that the oil price is very low at present, so you might be prudent to wait for the next downturn, of course it might not come until the price reaches £40 and even then it may not go below £35.:(

Shareholding really is a gamble, you just have to make up your own mind whether the price is right for you. :confused:

But I doubt you will better my luck, I placed my buy order the day before Costa Concordia sank, as a result instead of paying £23, I paid £18.90. :D

It is definitely your round in 4 weeks time. :)

Bought mine purely for the OBC. The shares have climbed since and I've had the OBC, and dividends as well, so I'm well pleased.

I don't agree that shares are a pure gamble, you need to look at the prospects. Carnival are buying, six is it, new ships to operate mainly in the Far East. China is the next big market.

One thing to remember is don't jump in and out of them if the price drops back. The dividend and the OBC should give a reasonable return in any case.

David.

We bought ours at £23 a few years ago purely for the OBC. Although we could cash them in now at a profit it's not worth it as we tend to cruise, on average, twice a year so that's £300 OBC in total. One year we did a back to back as well as another two week cruise so that was a total of £450 OBC quite a profit - well that's how we see it anyway. I know it's money that has to be spent on board but we seem to manage that quite easily!

Sold mine this morning for £39.

I bought them in June for £33 so I've had a nice little profit plus £150 spending money for next week.

I'll keep my eye on them and hopefully buy back if they drop, knowing my timing they'll keep on rising still its a chance you take.

Happy New Year to you all.

Rick.

Sold mine this morning for £39.

I bought them in June for £33 so I've had a nice little profit plus £150 spending money for next week.

I'll keep my eye on them and hopefully buy back if they drop, knowing my timing they'll keep on rising still its a chance you take.

Happy New Year to you all.

Rick.

If you are no longer a shareholder, will you get your £150 OBC next week?

No you are not supposed to have Shareholder OBC on a cruise if you have sold them prior to the cruise even if you have had the OBC applied before you sold them. If P&O realise they will take OBC off prior to cruise if not they will send a letter and bill for the reimbursement of £150 after your cruise when they become aware.