Vibe pass/early boarding group Escape?

NPowell

Hi. I'll be staying in the haven on the escape so was curious if it is worth it to attempt to get a vibe beach pass. Also, if info is a regular pass fine or are the cabanas worth it. I'll be on the Christmas/ new years cruise so I am sure it will be crowded. Was curious peoples thoughts on this. Also, what is the earliest boarding time? I have a noon boarding but was told we can board at 11. Thank you.

Hi. I'll be staying in the haven on the escape so was curious if it is worth it to attempt to get a vibe beach pass. Also, if info is a regular pass fine or are the cabanas worth it. I'll be on the Christmas/ new years cruise so I am sure it will be crowded. Was curious peoples thoughts on this. Also, what is the earliest boarding time? I have a noon boarding but was told we can board at 11. Thank you.

Using an airliner as an example, you can compare being in the Haven with having a seat in First Class...with all of the amenities. :D

People who aren't in First Class are stuck flying Economy :o...whether they have an inside cabin (middle seat), an oceanview (window), or a coveted balcony (aisle) accommodation.

Now...just to get away from the "masses", many people are happy to pay a premium for an Exit Row or a Stretch seat just because they offer a few more inches of legroom. :)

Vibe is the "extra leg-room" seating area for the masses.

Can't see why anyone would want to pay a premium for First Class passage just so they could go back to the main cabin and pay again to sit in the Exit Row.

Can't see why anyone would want to pay a premium for First Class passage just so they could go back to the main cabin and pay again to sit in the Exit Row.

Some people like the fact that unlike Haven, Vibe is adults only - especially on busy and/or holiday cruises.

Personally I felt that Haven on Getaway was nice enough and the kids that we saw there would not have justified paying extra for Vibe passes.

Edited by Demonyte

Thanks for the detailed response and comparisons. I'll hold off and if it seems like it gets to crowded or loud, I can always try and get a day pass. Only reason I was considering was that I read recent posts of slot of kids in the haven and it getting loud. Look forward to the trip and appreciate the advice.

Nothing like being in Heaven with a bunch of screaming little kids, no thanks. I'll gladly pay for Vibe with there 18 year and older policy

Yes the assign groups based on when you get there, and you board by the group number. You really want to be in the first 7-10 groups to know that you will get a Vibe pass

If you are able to get a week spass,is it still possible to get a daily pass for a day. I assume the weekly passes are hard to get but was not sure if the daily passes are hard to get or limited?

If you are able to get a week spass,is it still possible to get a daily pass for a day. I assume the weekly passes are hard to get but was not sure if the daily passes are hard to get or limited?

I've never seen any reports about anyone getting a day pass.

I thought day passes were only available on port days?

I just haven't seen it reported here that someone was able to purchase a day pass. Since the pp is in the Haven, it would be pretty easy to secure a weekly pass if there before boarding starts.

I just haven't seen it reported here that someone was able to purchase a day pass. Since the pp is in the Haven, it would be pretty easy to secure a weekly pass if there before boarding starts.

Very true

Yes the assign groups based on when you get there, and you board by the group number. You really want to be in the first 7-10 groups to know that you will get a Vibe pass

Not exactly true. I arrived at 7 am for my cruise and was 30th in line and got boarding group 21 and got no vibe pass. Arrival at pier at least in NYC has no bearing on number.

Not exactly true. I arrived at 7 am for my cruise and was 30th in line and got boarding group 21 and got no vibe pass. Arrival at pier at least in NYC has no bearing on number.

You arrived at the port at 7am and got #21???

You arrived at the port at 7am and got #21???

It's been reported here before (and I've witnessed it first hand in Venice) that in some ports (especially in ones that hand out the numbers from the checkin counter) the numbers can really be anything regardless of the time.

In Miami this is not true and therefore completely irrelevant to this discussion.

Edited by Demonyte

It's been reported here before (and I've witnessed it first hand in Venice) that in some ports (especially in ones that hand out the numbers from the checkin counter) the numbers can really be anything regardless of the time.

In Miami this is not true and therefore completely irrelevant to this discussion.

So, in Miami, you are given boarding numbers based on your arrival, yes?

Last year on Getaway, DH and I found refuge in Spice H2O. There were so many kids in the Haven area that we couldn't enjoy it. For those of you who have cruised Escape, did anyone enjoy Spice's adults only area? And how does it compare with Vibe? Just wondering if we should make the dash upon boarding or just stick with Spice.

Thank you!

Does anyone know if there is a Platinum check-in line in Miami for the Escape? We plan to get there early for the vibe pass, but not sure if there is any advantage getting in a specific line to attain group 1 boarding passes.