Always Available Items with new Curtis Stone Dishes

IECalCruiser

How about a pizza with liver, green bell peppers, cauliflower, squash, and green endive foam instead of the usual tomato sauce. Of course, there would be pumpkin beer too. You can't say you wouldn't like it unless you've tried it.

Hahahahaha! :D Seriously, Princess. What are you doing? Do you not have any sense of what your customers want? :mad: I guess it's another case of "if it ain't broke, we better fix it." :rolleyes:

Received an e mail from Princess the past weekend stating that they are opening a Curtis Stone paid restaurant on two ships as a trial prior to a major roll out. Guess the new MDR menu on Regal and others was a test to see the popularity of the Stone selections. Hands down, it was not our or many other cruisers favorite dishes. Of course, each to its own, however, if you recall when Princess wanted to charge a $10 fee (included a glass of wine) to dine in Alfredo's, the uproar caused them to rethink the cost factor. Now, hopefully, they will rethink to replace the salmon and others on the dinner menu while, perhaps keeping a dish or two of Curtis Stone. This way, all would be satisfied.

Happy New Year to all.

The Kids

We do not approve of this change of the every night menu. My DH will have a fit if they take away his salmon. Sure hope Princess reads this

Is the fettuccini Alfredo in the Parmesan cheese basket still always available?

i didnt have the main so dont know if that comes in a cheese basket but had the entree of it so i know it is still there just dont know about the basket , shrimp cocktail is still there ceasar salad i think is too

The person who invented pumpkin beer should be hit in the face with a pumpkin pie. Did I tell you I don't like pumpkin?

i tried it at the brewery at Gisborne it was a limited edition beer they had at the time i don't drink beer as a rule i did try them all only one i could drink more than a sip was the black magic stout the pumpkin beer was better than the first couple i tasted but i wont start drinking any beer anyways

Edited by Hawka

If enough people keep making special requests from the head waiters each evening for the missing "always available" items they have to revert to putting them back on the menu or go crazy keeping up with the demands.

You know Princess will never say no. ;)

Perhaps years go, or prior to the Initial December cruise when they changed the menu, Princess would never say NO to a customer, However, for whatever happened in upper management, they have learned to say NO, with a sorry look on their face in the MDR. Now, NO seems to be normal. We asked for salmon several times and was " graciously" told :Sorry but not available" or, we would have to go down to the freezer and get one, but you have to order two days in advance. Sailed on initial Royal and then three Regal, but, will not any longer until changes are made.

Sorry Dave Walker, your great blog has gone sour,

Perhaps years go, or prior to the Initial December cruise when they changed the menu, Princess would never say NO to a customer, However, for whatever happened in upper management, they have learned to say NO, with a sorry look on their face in the MDR. Now, NO seems to be normal. We asked for salmon several times and was " graciously" told :Sorry but not available" or, we would have to go down to the freezer and get one, but you have to order two days in advance. Sailed on initial Royal and then three Regal, but, will not any longer until changes are made.

Sorry Dave Walker, your great blog has gone sour,

We're not in the habit of making special requests but if that's the case I guess we'll just have to make a request a day ahead of time in the future. :cool:

For those with dietary restrictions, you can look at the next night's menu and ask the kitchen to prepare the dishes to your liking, or prepare something off menu (within reason). My friend who i cruise with often does this.

I totally understand that after 20+ cruises ....however not having to do the whole Maitre d' routine was a plus for some of us. If i have to order a day ahead and decide what I think I want the next day when I have always been able to just order without fuss from the anytime menu... I can just as easily go with Celebrity.

I totally understand that after 20+ cruises ....however not having to do the whole Maitre d' routine was a plus for some of us. If i have to order a day ahead and decide what I think I want the next day when I have always been able to just order without fuss from the anytime menu... I can just as easily go with Celebrity.

I am a vegetarian and my husband is a vegan.

We sail both Princess and Celebrity. On Celebrity we sail in Aqua class with the hopes that the smaller Blu dining room and kitchen can meet our special needs better than the large kitchen.

Just yesterday we were talking about how much more amenable Princess has always been to special requests and how much more imaginative they are with meals for us.

I am a vegetarian and my husband is a vegan.

We sail both Princess and Celebrity. On Celebrity we sail in Aqua class with the hopes that the smaller Blu dining room and kitchen can meet our special needs better than the large kitchen.

Just yesterday we were talking about how much more amenable Princess has always been to special requests and how much more imaginative they are with meals for us.

Exactly...our last 3 Celebrity were in Aqua to better suit my food needs and have felt the same way about Princess being easier. Now with the new changes...i have a feeling the nicer cabin on Celebrity may tip the scales.

I just read this on a "live from" thread:

Unexpected treat...

Twice-Baked Goat Cheese Souffle! Yay!

Three of four consummed.

Yep, you got it, I mentioned that I missed the TBGCS, and even though it was not on the menu, they made us four. We each at one, and I am quite certain there is wrestling happening in the kitchen for the fourth. It was delicious. I also had the watermelon and feta- which is surprisingly refreshing and the cold pumpkin soup, which was not- on so many levels.

That's what makes Princess stand out! :D

There's a difference?

Yes, a HUGE difference to me, at least.

He eats no eggs, no dairy (which to me makes life not worth living - no ice cream and no cheese :( ) and no fish (I know that my eating fish technically makes me a borderline vegetarian).

Edited by chamima

He eats no eggs, no dairy (which to me makes life not worth living - no ice cream and no cheese :( ) and no fish (I know that my eating fish technically makes me a borderline vegetarian).

I guess I would do that only if it were life threatening.

I have always liked the term Pescatarian for this. The use of a different more descriptive term by those who eat fish sometimes means that fewer people try to feed it to me (I never ever liked it) when I say I am a vegetarian:D

i didnt have the main so dont know if that comes in a cheese basket but had the entree of it so i know it is still there just dont know about the basket , shrimp cocktail is still there ceasar salad i think is too

Thanks for the info, I doubt Princess would make too many hasty changes on the Golden as the Aussies & Kiwi's lover their prawns etc. ;)

Thanks for the info, I doubt Princess would make too many hasty changes on the Golden as the Aussies & Kiwi's lover their prawns etc. ;)

I love their prawns, too. :) I have a cruise scheduled on the Diamond in March, NZ and other points, so I hope the menu will be prawn-rich. :D I haven't heard too much about the Curtis Stone debut on the Oz-based ships, but I suppose it's a similar thing.

I love their prawns, too. :) I have a cruise scheduled on the Diamond in March, NZ and other points, so I hope the menu will be prawn-rich. :D I haven't heard too much about the Curtis Stone debut on the Oz-based ships, but I suppose it's a similar thing.

I hope EF (aka cat chuck) does not take the place of the salmon.