2017 Brides!

BimTheDuck

I'm starting to look at salons for getting my hair and makeup (and that of my bridal party) done the morning of the wedding. I'm still about 14 months away, so I don't know if I'm too early to start looking, but does anyone have advice? I've been looking at Yelp, and I'm starting to like the idea of going to a blow-out bar.

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting on cruise critic, and I'm so excited!! My fiancé and I just got Engaged 2 weeks ago! We are planning either embarkation day or sea day on Royal Carribean Independence of the Sea on March 20/21, 2017. Im looking forward to it, but the planning is already driving me nuts! I am totally Not a planner.

Does anyone have the details of how a wedding at sea works? I know for Embarkation day, I can just get the papers at the court house. If we have our ceremony at sea, does it make it more difficult to have the marriage official? We live in Florida (where we are leaving from).

Thanks for any help in advance!

It all depends on the cruise line. Personally, we have decided to have a little civil ceremony before we leave, so technically, we are doing a vow renewal at sea (but are treating as a wedding ceremony). It's a bit cheaper because you don't have to get any legal documentation. Also, you have a little more freedom with regard to times and dates during your cruise.

The embarkation day wedding, from what I've read, seems like it can be a be hectic, which doesn't sound like much fun to me.

I don't know if that helps or not, but we thought it was a perfect option for us.

Hi all,

I just got engaged and we are thinking of doing a cruise wedding next May/June on embarkation In Baltimore Port. Most likely on Carnival. but how far in advance do I need to book it? Do I have use a travel agent? (I have AAA and used their local travel agents before and it was a disaster, I'd rather not do that again.) I have looked through the boards here but I just don't know where to start!

Hi all,

I just got engaged and we are thinking of doing a cruise wedding next May/June on embarkation In Baltimore Port. Most likely on Carnival. but how far in advance do I need to book it? Do I have use a travel agent? (I have AAA and used their local travel agents before and it was a disaster, I'd rather not do that again.) I have looked through the boards here but I just don't know where to start!

It is never too early to book your wedding, especially with Carnival. I believe that Carnival only has 2 weddings per day so the sooner, the better. I booked my June, 2017 wedding in December 2015.

You can go with a travel agent, through a Carnival personal vacation planner, or do it yourself.

Hi all,

Congrats on your recent engagement! I booked mine 13 months in advance. Got engaged and literally 2 weeks later and put the deposit on the cruise. email me if you have specific questions. Makeese@yahoo.com. I also live in MD.

Oh wow! I need to get on it! Lol thank you so much

You have plenty of time! When you call carnival, definitely come up with a number of questions. It will make the process a little easier. I have provided some questions below that I already asked Carnival regarding the embarkment day wedding.

1. What happens if sailing & non-sailing guests miss the early check-in time of 10:00AM? they will be required to wait in line with everyone else

2. Can sailing guests arrive at any time prior to ceremony? No

3. When will I know what time the ceremony and location of ceremony will be? 3 weeks before

4. Does the bride and groom have to pay for cruise in full prior to booking the wedding package? No, only a deposit

5. Is the cruise salon open on embarkment day? No

6. Will the bride/groom and sailing guests have access to their rooms and luggage prior to ceremony? They will only have access to their room - bring dress and attire with you - all other guests need to wear wedding attire on the boat

7. Can you please explain the process for a ship tour? i didn't ask this question but you should

8. What is the earliest time a ceremony can be held? 1PM

9. What do the guests do while waiting for ceremony to start? Guests can purchase buffet vouchers for non-sailing guests only to eat prior to ceremony. Or they can walk around or drink

Hi ladies!

We finally have our wedding cruise booked on the Carnival Magic on August 13, 2017! We went back and forth between Carnival & NCL, then tried for the Vista (always booked!), and after doing some research on the Magic, I fell in love with it!

I know a lot has been asked about save-the-dates & invites, but I wanted an opinion on ours. What does your timeline look like? Send STDs with booking information, have people book, then send invites out to everyone even if they arent booked? Or send STDs then wait to put booking info on the invites? Or something completely different?

I know we are more than a year out, so I think I'm a little confused as to how to handle the timeline for everything. Advice and opinions appreciated!

Hi ladies!

We finally have our wedding cruise booked on the Carnival Magic on August 13, 2017! We went back and forth between Carnival & NCL, then tried for the Vista (always booked!), and after doing some research on the Magic, I fell in love with it!

I know a lot has been asked about save-the-dates & invites, but I wanted an opinion on ours. What does your timeline look like? Send STDs with booking information, have people book, then send invites out to everyone even if they arent booked? Or send STDs then wait to put booking info on the invites? Or something completely different?

I know we are more than a year out, so I think I'm a little confused as to how to handle the timeline for everything. Advice and opinions appreciated!

I booked my wedding cruise in December and we are getting married next January. The cruise had a great deal when we booked so I sent an email to a select few who expressed interest in going prior to the STDs. A few couples took advantage of the deal and right now we have 19 booked so far. I sent STDs out in January which included our wedding website, date of wedding, and it was a destination themes magnet from David's bridal. I plan to send our invitations which are a boarding pass theme from zazzle probably in sept/October timeframe. A final head count is due a month before and I only plan to send invites to those who have booked and I think to those who are undecided. But by September if you haven't booked, I'm assuming you aren't going. A lot of people don't seem to go to the websites for information and I've felt like a carnival representative at times but I guess it's the nature of the game.

Edited by makeese

• 3 weeks later...

Now that Royal has released their dates for Anthem I can finally report that we have booked our wedding cruise! July 15, 2017 on Anthem of the Seas. Wow to think I've been on this board since 2015 and I finally have a date. So excited! :D I sent a quick text to our VIPs and then e-mailed my wedding planner so she can get all the info from Royal so we can go ahead and book the actual wedding.

So happy I finally get to do some planning!:D

Well I have a complaint about Carnival's wedding planners. They are just a little too efficient. :rolleyes: As the mother of the bride to be, so far all I've had to do is give them my credit card number to pay for the wedding. Granted, the wedding isn't until Jan, but still... There will really be very little for us to do. My dd and her fiance just need to decide about music and a few other small decisions and that's it. Twe has already put in the order that the wedding cake needs to be gluten free, (which I think is awesome). So for now I'm left twiddling my thumbs until it's time to do invitations and that kind of stuff. (Big Sigh)

I am quite envious of your experience! I booked with Carnival in February and haven't spoken with my coordinator yet! I've made a few calls and left messages that she hasn't returned and I've spoken with other coordinators that aren't assigned to me to answer questions but it sure would be nice to connect with my coordinator to go through what I need to know.

Do I have to stick with my assigned coordinator at carnival or can my case be reassigned? If it can be reassigned, how would I go about doing this? Thanks; I appreciate any guidance I can get with this as I am feeling very frustrated!

I'm not sure, but I would ask if you could be assigned another person. In our case we were told that there is only 1 coodinator on our ship. It does take her a while to return calls, at least a few hours, but if she is the only one there then that is understandable. But so far she has been ok to work with. There was a little confusion at first about what check went to florida for the marriage license but she did get back to my daughter the same day and cleared that up. I can't believe you still don't have everything you need. My daughter received all her papers within a week of booking the wedding.

Well I have a complaint about Carnival's wedding planners. They are just a little too efficient. :rolleyes: As the mother of the bride to be, so far all I've had to do is give them my credit card number to pay for the wedding. Granted, the wedding isn't until Jan, but still... There will really be very little for us to do. My dd and her fiance just need to decide about music and a few other small decisions and that's it. Twe has already put in the order that the wedding cake needs to be gluten free, (which I think is awesome). So for now I'm left twiddling my thumbs until it's time to do invitations and that kind of stuff. (Big Sigh)

Sue, that is a great problem to have! Good luck and congratulations.....weddings are so exciting!!!

Hello,

My fiancé and I are currently looking to book our wedding on the Oasis of the Seas for Next November. Reading over the contract it states the taxes, surcharges ext are added after the contract is submitted. Does anyone have the cost for these? With us being Canadian I just want to ensure we account for these in our estimate for the exchange rate.

Thank you!!

ChelseaLS18, our invoice did not include state taxes or surcharges just the amount of the package. It is possible that those fees will be assessed once other items are selected for the event. I can also on speak for US.

ChelseaLS18, our invoice did not include state taxes or surcharges just the amount of the package. It is possible that those fees will be assessed once other items are selected for the event. I can also on speak for US.

Okay, Thanks so much!

Hello all! Question about save-the-date cards... how soon is too soon? We've just received our cards (a vintage postcard theme), and we are prepping them now. We're getting married on the Carnival Valor next September. I was thinking of sending these no later than July... Since the cruise doesn't have to be paid off until July, that gives everyone a year to book/pay it off. But since I have the cards, should I send them now, or wait a little bit?

Side note... how cute are these? :)

ImageUploadedByForums1462426322.215181.jpg.4c459e09388c2c14902d87157d6af1a7.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1462425891.683855.jpg.cbf59cfa8ea0061dfb0be5971d5a0389.jpg

Hello all! Question about save-the-date cards... how soon is too soon? We've just received our cards (a vintage postcard theme), and we are prepping them now. We're getting married on the Carnival Valor next September. I was thinking of sending these no later than July... Since the cruise doesn't have to be paid off until July, that gives everyone a year to book/pay it off. But since I have the cards, should I send them now, or wait a little bit?

[ATTACH]384468[/ATTACH][ATTACH]384469[/ATTACH]

First congratulations, very exciting! We sent last week for our July 2017 Anthem of the Seas wedding. I think the more notice the better, but it may also depend on your guest list. Folks have already started to contact our TA for details and pricing.

[ATTACH]384468[/ATTACH][ATTACH]384469[/ATTACH]

I agree, the sooner the better! We're getting married next August and I want our save the dates to go out by the beginning of June at the latest. I meant to do it by the beginning of this month, but I couldn't find a STD I liked until now!

It just gives guests a physical reminder, even though the wedding seems so far away. I'm also making a FB group for the wedding that will include our travel agent (her idea!) so I can post information, answer questions, remind guests they need to book NOW ;), etc.

I agree, the sooner the better! We're getting married next August and I want our save the dates to go out by the beginning of June at the latest. I meant to do it by the beginning of this month, but I couldn't find a STD I liked until now!

It just gives guests a physical reminder, even though the wedding seems so far away. I'm also making a FB group for the wedding that will include our travel agent (her idea!) so I can post information, answer questions, remind guests they need to book NOW ;), etc.

Ha! My TA had the same idea and I created my group last week. I just invited FB'ers to the group this morning as I wanted them to receive the physical save the date (with our wedding website address) first. Our group also contains the link to our wedding website. Congratulations!